SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Domain Overview Information
The Entitlements Program is implementing holistic Enterprise entitlements and tax processing platforms for global utilization, integrating Income, Corporate Actions and Tax withholding. This will be achieved by implementing the IMActions, BaNCS and Xceptor applications and integrating this with the existing best of breed architecture. This will deliver greater STP capability, use of the latest SWIFT messaging standards and create a scalable and volume insensitive platform capable of handling the increased complexity of Entitlements and tax processing.
The program is now in its second phase, focussing on delivery US Corporate Actions onto the strategic architecture and in parallel, supporting the development of an Announcements utility service for consummation across NT. ROLE SUMMARY:
Senior Consultant Business Analyst (BA) will provide comprehensive business analysis skills and services at the highest technical and detailed level. Working independently, this role is responsible for providing analysis expertise for strategic transformational initiatives. The Senior Consultant BA role includes ensuring the assigned initiatives are well defined, designed, executable, and delivered. It is key to understand how the big picture initiatives link together in a holistic roadmap. The value of Senior Consultant Business Analyst is in applying a structured approach and discipline to project delivery, realization of benefits, avoidance of costs, identification of new opportunities and understanding the required capabilities to model the transformation efforts undertaken. The Business Analysis function plays a key role during the onset of a project or program by helping define scope and creating requirements working closely with business partners to understand and translate business needs. This role also serves as a key contact for IT during the design, development and testing phase. Key expectations for BA:
- End to end software development life cycle experience covering:-
• Provides analysis and takes ownership throughout the lifecycle of the project from scoping, development to implmentation.
• Gathering requirements, process modelling and data analysis
• Working with the design teams to ensure that the requirements are understood and that the delivered design fulfils all of the requirements adequately
• Supporting the technology teams through the build and unit test activities to ensure that all requirements are understood
• Working with business teams to elicit input and support the planning and execution of user acceptance testing
• Supporting the test team through pre-acceptance testing, system testing and system integration testing
• Assisting with operation readiness, data migration, user testing and roll-out as necessary
• Experience of following both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Maintain necessary documentation per methodology used. BA skills covering:
• Collaborates with business partners to thoroughly capture and document the current state environment. Leveraging the current state document, elicit, analyze, outline and develop requirements.
• Understand business strategy and collaborate with business and technology to facilitate the development project scope
• Lead development of function and non-functional business requirements
• Responsible for providing expertise, analysis and driving change for a variety of strategic transformational and operational initiatives
• Look across corporate strategic initiatives to understand how big picture initiatives link together in a holistic roadmap
• Provide oversight, direction and management to assigned Bas with appropriate span of control
• Strong understanding of the end to end process including capture, enrich, repair, process and deliver phases.
• Communicates effectively to assigned stakeholder(s) and project lead(s).
• Ensure risk management and stakeholder satisfaction in deliverables assigned.
• Leverages Business Analyst Competencies throughout the project lifecycle.
• Able to facilitate discussions, negotiate solutions and reach decisions for complicated projects.
• Independently delivers a high-quality work product with increased complexity, large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult, to timescale and budget. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
The successful candidate would benefit from having:
• In-depth knowledge in all of the business analyst functional competencies
• Experience of having worked in a Global Custody and/or Asset Servicing environment is preferred
• Relevant product knowledge; experienced in consulting, business analysis and change management
• Ability to be self-driven to work towards assigned deadlines and knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication, organization, collaboration, Influence and persuasion skills
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to interpret strategic goals and to recommend advancement.
• Highly flexible, adaptable to and drive frequent change.
• Strong knowledge of tax operations management / entitlements processing including industry best practice is an advantage EXPERIENCE:
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
• IIBA Certification or equivalent is encouraged.
• Demonstrated experience / track record in business analysis and accomplishment in medium / large projects within strategic transformational efforts.
• Senior Business Analyst having typically 5 - 10 years of business analysis experience. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.