SENIOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
The Enterprise Learning & Development (EL&D) Team focuses on multiple aspects of an employee's experience with the firm, from on-boarding and integration to development and advancement of our people throughout their careers. Description:
The Senior L&D Consultant serves as a key member of the EL&D team, and is responsible for managing all aspects of Learning and Development solution delivery, deployment and evaluation in London. This role ensures that learning and development solutions are aligned with the needs of the organization, both current and future. The focus for consulting and delivery is within the region. They will be required to work closely with the Regional and Global Learning Leads to ensure that the programs offered locally are aligned with Global L&D initiatives. Major Duties:
• Consultation: Consult with all levels of HR and management to identify business requirements and translate these into learning & development solutions as appropriate. When learning & development solutions are not warranted, provide consulting and act as a key advisor to the business/HR partner.
• Prioritization: Validate and prioritize emerging needs at a regional level on an ongoing basis. Conduct Site needs analysis annually.
• Design: A key focus for this role is to ensure that existing global learning curricula are effectively leveraged and deployed. For local/regional gaps in curricula flagged as a priority, partner with internal NT Design Team or external vendors. Design the objectives and business criteria to create a sustainable learning solution for identified gaps and emerging needs. Develop regional relationships with subject matter experts who can help customize existing materials if required or evaluate vendor provided options.
• Delivery: Facilitate/deliver core and management and leadership solutions locally or via webinar per plan.
• Marketing and Communication: Ensure learning and organization development initiatives are marketed effectively to target populations.
• Evaluation: Analyze and evaluate learning & development interventions to ensure alignment with business requirements, transfer of learning into the business, and return on investment. Continually monitor program results to identify/recommend areas for improvement.
• Project Management: Project manage major, complex and high-profile core curriculum, management and leadership development, and/or region-specific HR initiatives. Manage project budgets, where appropriate. Develop and manage Vendor relationships to ensure they meet cost, quality and time service levels. Knowledge/Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage projects from start to finish building in benchmarks and status updates
• Able to leverage expertise to build rapport and demonstrate sound judgment to influence stakeholders, network and partner with the business, HR colleagues and curricula users across the enterprise.
• Core L&D Skills to include: Blended learning, Instructional design, Strategic thinking and development, tech savvy, global view point, highly creative and innovative self-driven producer able to work under time and client pressure
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage an audience
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver informal and formal learning solutions that achieve learning objectives
• Relentless attention to detail, high standards, and the ability to produce clean, error-free work.
• Strong analytical ability
• MS Office Suite
• Current trends and industry knowledge
• Learning and Development Consulting with internal clients to identify needs, translate needs into solutions and implement the solutions into the business, in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Strong instructional design, development and delivery experience.
• Vendor sourcing and vendor management experience
• Experience working in a multi-cultural, global environment preferred About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.