SENIOR POOLING IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
This is a Pooling Implementation Manager role within the Client Implementation Group. This role, based in London, is focused on the on boarding of strategic clients with a focus primarily on ACS & CCF Tax Transparent funds.
The candidate should be able to provide comprehensive and extensive project management support to stakeholders in defining and executing the programme. The candidate should be able to identify and understand the stakeholders' and client's needs and assess the risk, assumptions and constraints. The candidate should also be able to articulate strategic direction to large, complex client implementations or programme activities. This will be a client facing role with the candidate expected to build up productive relationships with internal and external stake holders.
The candidate should be confident, well presented and an agent of change. Prior experience implementing tax transparent funds, on boarding in the GFS arena and ETF knowledge would be an advantage. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees all work streams with a high degree of risk and impact.
• Provides comprehensive and extensive implementation management support to stakeholders to manage the establishment of the required operational model. .
• Responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation plan for the implementation of Tax Transparent Funds..
• Developing the project management plan, identifying and scheduling project activities, managing meetings, as well as creating and maintaining other relevant project governance documents.
• Executes the work in the plan to accomplish the project objectives that are defined in the project scope statement.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling the work by comparing actual performance with planned performance. Responsible for analysing variances, assessing any trends that can effect process improvements, evaluating possible alternatives, and to implement appropriate corrective action(s) as needed.
• Responsible for communication, leadership, and management to effectively exchange accurate and relevant information with stakeholders; and responsible for providing guidance and motivation to team members and project stakeholders and ensuring resources are achieving project objectives.
• Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive project management and business knowledge functional expertise.
• Focus of role is on execution of strategic client on boarding for Tax transparent funds.
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
• Delegate for Team Manager
• Attend Senior management Status Update meetings
• Attend Internal relevant Steer Co and Executive Management Forums as required Skills / Experience
• Experience of IOO/FA/Custody/TA/Tax processes, Or a subset of thereof.
• Experience of Clients Implementation and onboarding.
• Previous experience of fund launches in relation to tax transparent funds would be advantageous.
• Multi-disciplinary expert with authoritative Project Management knowledge
• Authoritative knowledge in business specific industry and regulatory knowledge and fundamentals
• Knowledge in developing standards or best practices
• Skills in translating broad strategic intent into tactical plans and directions
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills are required. Requires excellent leadership skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Requires a college or university degree and/or relevant work experience, excellent organizational and leadership skills in project management that provides knowledge to the functional business
• Demonstrates excellent experience in change initiatives, covering such areas as operations, IT and product development; with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex projects and change initiatives
• Displays an appropriate sense of urgency with the ability to effectively prioritise workload under pressure. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets