SFTR Product Owner
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
FM Regulatory Operations is a Global Financial Markets Operations (FMO) function responsible for delivering post-trade OTC regulatory compliance through execution and oversight of key Operational processes and controls, such as Global OTC Derivative, MIFID2 and Regional Trade Reporting, EMIR and DFA Risk Mitigation and Mandatory Clearing.
With the onset of SFTR reporting requirements, FM Regulatory Operations requires a motivated candidate to take the lead as an SFTR Product Owner to build and drive the front-to-back vision to comply with SFTR regulatory reporting requirements. This includes driving implementation of change with Technology, defining and implementing the Target Operating Model, designing and implementing processes / controls required by FM Operations in BAU.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Build the vision of the product/platform- the front-to-back strategic architecture which includes systems and tools required to support SFTR reporting compliance
- Work actively with different functions and the stakeholder group globally which includes Technology, Compliance and other impacted FM Operations teams, to ensure that the requirements are well understood and actively tracked during the course of the program
- Drive defining and implementing key processes and controls that enable FM Operations (including Regulatory Operations) to meet the SFTR Regulatory Reporting obligation effective April 2020
- Align the key operational processes and controls to the design and build of the new strategic reporting system
- Define operationally focused testing plans for the in-scope systems, coordinate and execute on these plans, and represent Regulatory Operations throughout the testing processes.
- Prepare communication packs, training and other materials as appropriate to ensure FM Operations staff globally are fully enabled to support the new reporting processes and controls effective 2020.
- Provide high quality status updates to senior FM Operations management as requested and at appropriate junctures
- Establish an active industry presence as appropriate (e.g. ISDA and vendors/utilities such as DTCC, UnaVista, IHS Markit etc) and participate / steer with a global Regulatory Operations view.
- Ensure the Operational Risk Framework is reflective of the new processes under SFTR for Regulatory Operations, and articulates the causes of failure to the new processes
- Ensure that the controls being implemented are effective at mitigating cause of process failure, and any gaps are well articulated through the Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure the control measurements (KCI and CSTs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
- Ensure that the key risk indicators (KRIs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
- Capture residual compliance and operational risk issues and define the appropriate remediation activities for consideration in the 2020 budgets
- Strong Product Manager / Owner in Financial Markets
- Agile Product Owner certification - Preferred
- Strong track record for delivering effective controls and efficient processes in an FM Operations environment
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization
- Highly proficient presentation and communication skills (verbal, written)
- Strong experience in driving/managing Steering Committees
- Assertive; strong experience in leading, checking and challenging design and implementation
- Good understanding of Securities, Repos
- Domain expertise across financial markets products, particularly in the context of post-trade OTC Derivative regulations such as EMIR, Dodd-Frank and MIFID. Experience working on SFTR is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle for derivatives, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities
- Demonstrable strong teamwork and collaboration with internal and external groups
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.