Responsible for the management and execution of the SOX Testing Program in Europe that reports directly to the Global SOX Leader. This role will be an integral part of SOX Office that will partner with process owners, testers and auditors to meet company deadlines and deliverables.
Job Title: SOX Project Manager Officer
Location: United Kingdom, London
About Us: We are one of the largest asset managers in the world
Position Overview: Responsible for the management and execution of the SOX Testing Program in Europe that reports directly to the Global SOX Leader. This role will be an integral part of SOX Office that will partner with process owners, testers and auditors to meet company deadlines and deliverables.
- Assist internal teams in the re-design or creation of enhanced controls to streamline and build more effective processes and assess in the quarterly SOX 404 financial statement risk assessment and scoping
- Lead projects to identify preventative & detective risk and internal controls to identify value add opportunities for process improvements, provide conflict resolution and mitigate deficiencies
- Prepare detailed project plan scope, system implementation & integration schedule
- Manage the quarterly Process Owner certifications to ensure timely and accurate reporting of gaps and remediation status on findings
- Monitor the design & operating effectiveness of the existing SOX internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and audit guidance
- Evaluate deficiencies reported in the design and operating effectiveness of controls and monitor plans of remediation
- Liaise with external auditors, process owners, internal auditors, and other key stakeholders on project status, deliverables and challenges.
- Prepare SOX/Project Planning Memorandums summarizing the Qualitative vs. Quantitative analysis to identify significant financial accounts, identify the planning materiality and the calculation to identify the tolerable error threshold.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management to identify internal risks and build robust reporting metrics
- Lead SOX training sessions with process owners and key senior stakeholders
- Lead and assess new transactions and impact on the current SOX framework
- Participate in SOX Planning Models and Forecasts
- Strong Controls and Sarbanes Oxley expertise: COSO, COBIT
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, GRC Tools- Archer a plus
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience: Big 4 experience a plus
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA/MBA certification preferred
- A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards
- Strong project management skills and able to manage multiple priorities. Comfortable operating both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and effectively communicate and influence at all levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presence capabilities.