- £500 - £600 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
The Role is to support a leading international bank's annual SOx process on an ongoing basis, and contribute to process improvements, with particular emphasis on: - Review and assess adequacy of process documentation, perform design effectiveness and operating effectiveness testing and report control issues - Drive improvements across the SOx team and the wider control environment across the Bank - Support the Head of SOx, CCO, with ad hoc tasks
- Conduct SOx Design Effectiveness Assessment (DEA) which includes scheduling and conducting walkthrough meetings with control owners, documenting the walkthrough meetings and procedures, identifying and communicating any DEA deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure any DEA deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct SOx Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) which includes preparing a detailed request list, selecting appropriate samples for testing and executing the testing in line with SOx Methodology.
- Assess the impact of control weaknesses on financial reporting and raise issues
- Monitor progress of remediation plans for SOx related issues
- Work on special projects requiring attention for improving control environment
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Be trusted advisor on all Sarbanes Oxley matters
- Ensure effective interaction with Group SOx, senior management and external auditors, keeping them informed of key risks and issues at all times and to ensure that services provided are in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley methodology and risk and control frameworks
- Build and manage relationships with key business stakeholders within the UK and the wider team Group counterparts and across functions.
- Constantly manage stakeholder’s expectation over level and speed of service before issues arise
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in auditing (trained in Big Four) preferably in Financial Services
- Experienced in identifying, documenting and testing controls for Sarbanes Oxley Regulatory Reporting purposes
- Good understanding of the COSO framework and its application to internal controls over financial reporting
- Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework