S&P Global Platts 2021 Commercial Graduate Programme
JobDescription : The Role:
S&P Global Platts Commercial Graduate Programme has an approximate duration of 18 months starting in March, 2021. It begins with an intensive training schedule for the first 5 weeks, focusing on building a foundational knowledge of the commodity markets, developing soft and problem solving skills while learning about various Platts' data, research and analytical products. This is followed by four-month rotations with several commercial teams. Combined with on the job learning experience, participants will be involved in projects spanning across industries and markets, stretching their skills and capabilities. The Location:
London, Canary Wharf The Team/The Business:
You will be part of a rapidly growing organization with an exceptional corporate and diverse culture. Our data, analytics, and research help our customers make informed, smarter business decisions and investments. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduates that are passionate about the commodities market and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural commercial team. You will be someone who can quickly work out how to make things happen through, intellectual curiosity, creativity, exceptional learning agility and problem solving skills as well as effective networking and collaboration skills. The Impact:
Initially starting with the Client Services team, you would be a primary contact for clients, providing solutions to their requests in a timely, professional and courteous manner and provide training on Platts' products through video conferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom and onsite visits. As you progress though the programme, you will have the opportunity to be a part of "Regional", "Strategic" and "Analytics" teams among others, supporting the teams with special projects, operations and identifying and generating additional revenue that helps to grow the business. What's in it for you?
You will join as a member of a cohort of commercial associates. You will be introduced to world-class experts in various commodities including former chief economists, traders and risk managers. They will give presentations about how commodity markets work and provide insightful perspectives on global economic, political, technological and legal issues linked to their specializations. You will also be enrolled in an e-learning curriculum, providing foundational knowledge about the technical aspects of various commodities and markets.
Within weeks you will have the opportunity to present topics to senior management and to get constructive feedback on your progress. Throughout the program you will learn how to use tools including Platts products, Excel add-ins and CRM systems.
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global Platts in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality price assessments and analytical information to the world's financial and commodity markets. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency worldwide. As the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries and with 20 offices spanning five continents, you will form part of a truly globally diverse workforce.
You will get challenged on a daily basis with a steep learning curve. You will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients including commodity trading houses, major oil and Gas companies, investment banks, hedge funds and investment managers and get to be part of a large fun and international team with fantastic opportunities for growth. You may also be asked to travel as part of this role.
Career paths after the 18-month initial phase of the program include:
- Sales/business development
- Analytical Sales
- Client Services
- Product Specialist
What we're looking for:
- Helping clients to navigate and extract data from the S&P Global Platts product range
- Provide assistance with building models using the S&P Global Platts Excel Add-in
- Liaising with the content, commercial and technical teams to address any client queries and ensure our data is maintained to the highest standards
- Proactively reaching out to clients for training
- Logging all client interactions using our CRM tool (Salesforce) for internal analysis
- Support sales teams with research and proposals
- Building account plans to inform market engagements and identify opportunities for growth
- Shadowing client meetings to understand their concerns and priorities in their respective markets
- Analyzing client subscriptions, usage data and market news to inform business development initiatives
- Getting involved in special project initiatives where determined necessary by management
About S&P Global Platts:
- Completion of a minimum BA/BSc undergraduate degree by March 2021. Postgraduate students are also encouraged to apply.
- Fluent command of English is a prerequisite. Additional European Languageis highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You must have good telephone manners and be comfortable presenting to large groups both in person or remotely
- Familiarity with or strong interest in learning about financial markets
- Good PC skills including the Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently
- Willingness to learn and take on a wide variety of tasks
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 190 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.