SSGM EMEA Business Controls Intern
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
SSGM EMEA Business Controls Intern
- Grow your career at State StreetFrom technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
The Business Controls team within State Street Global Markets EMEA encompasses several areas that provide a holistic and comprehensive approach to supporting the business in achieving its' tactical and strategic goals. The team sits within the First Line of Defense and execute control tasks that range from Privacy, Information Security, Control Testing, Conflicts of Interest, Business Continuity and Third Party Management, and ensures that the business operates within a strong control environment. The team supports all business lines within SSGM and is actively involved in supporting and implementing business goals and strategies.
Business Continuity is a business support function serving as part of the First Line of Defense. The objective of SSGM Business Continuity is to support the GM businesses to plan for business disruptions and to guide them through the corporate program of testing and deliverables. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual to work across the breadth of SSGM covering all products and engagement with broader stakeholders including IT and Compliance. Responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
1. Supporting the Business Continuity Director ("BCD") in building business impact plans, recovery strategies and testing scenarios.
2. Facilitating and reporting BC compliance status to relevant stakeholders within the business and globally.
Outsourcing and Vendor Management is a part of the First Line of Defense. The objective of Outsourcing and Vendor Management is to ensure that the business is compliant with UK regulations pertinent to Third Party Relationship Management ("TPRM") and has the necessary controls in place to govern and manage the services. Responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
1. Maintaining the Inventory to ensure that all records are up to date and relevant
2. Facilitating the review and approval of new and existing outsourcing/TPRM arrangements with the various stakeholders, governance forums and legal entity boards.
3. Co-ordinating and reporting outsourcing/TPRM status to relevant stakeholders, as and when required.
4. Ensuring business maintains compliance with relevant Outsourcing / TPRM policies and procedures including regulatory requirements around third party relationships.
Information Security refers to the processes and methodologies which are designed and implemented to protect print, electronic or any other form of confidential, private and sensitive information or data from unauthorized access, use, misuse, disclosure, destruction, modification, or disruption. In this role, you will be required to support the Information Security officer in executing routine tasks and specific projects around the security and safety of State Street assets and staff.
Skills to be developed
- Familiarity with SSGM business processes and criticality
- Internal client interaction, communication and relationship skills both in region and globally
- Time management and prioritization against deadlines
- Critical analysis of documents
Metrics or specific goals for participant
- Supporting on-going projects and engagement with new projects and strategies
- Working across GM business units effectively gaining good exposure locally and globally
- Working on several and varied initiatives to achieve team objectives
- Increased network contacts
To be successful in this role, your skillset should include:
- University candidate
- Detail oriented, highly self-motivated with excellent time management and organizational skills
- A comfort level with MS Office suite
- Effective communication