SWIFT Engineer w/ TSU Experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 31 Aug 17
We are seeking a SWIFT Engineer with TSU experience to support the applications and services within the SWIFT Technology Services team. This position is on a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams. The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to support SWIFT application, infrastructure and services.
The position includes the following tasks or activities (not limited to):
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign technical solutions with a thorough understanding and experience with SWIFT Trade Services Utility platform.
- Leads and/or performs analysis efforts.
- Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Perform various application software installation, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Monitor system and application changes that have a direct or indirect impact upon SWIFT Services.
- Forecasts system demands and collaborates with the SWIFT Technical support team to recommend expansion and reconfiguration.
- Create or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document).
- Communicate changes/upgrades to all customers. May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
- Follow change and problem management policies.
- Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other teams within SWIFT Technology Services, the development team, other Technology teams or external vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours occasionally.
- Knowledge of SWIFT Trade Platform (TSU) is mandatory.
- Experience with SWIFT Alliance line of product is necessary.
- Experience with implementing SWIFT services (SWIFTNet, FIN, Interact and FileAct)
- Experience with IT projects
- Knowledge of basic computing principals, security protocols and methods
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Linux) as a user
- Understanding of networking protocols, basic firewall rules
- Knowledge of MT/MX messages
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience with SWIFTNet Browse
- Knowledge of traffic modelization and statistical analysis is a plus