EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a SaaS Operations Director
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
As the SaaS DevOps Director, your main domains of responsibility will be:
- Oversee "business as usual" operations for Integrity SaaS. Customer support, regular application deployments, problem resolution and escalation management. You will have responsibility to ensure appropriate processes are defined and used. You will also have a role in evolving these, keeping in mind the ultimate goal: the site's availability and reliability.
- Provide Leadership for the function and regional Ops Managers. You will be responsible for managing the regional Ops Managers, setting objectives, assessing performance and helping to develop their skills and competencies. You will be the public face of the Operations team towards customers, globally. There is also a responsibility to increase the collaboration / integration with Development, continuing our movement towards a DevOps culture.
- Act as the Senior escalation manager internally and externally. Whilst problems will be managed by the regional Ops Managers, there will be occasions where problem severity and /or customer sensitivity requires senior stakeholder involvement. In such cases, problem / escalation management involves
- Analyzing incidents and problems until a root cause is established
- Assessing / adjusting action plans to avoid a repetition of the problem
- Supervising the documentation of these findings, both for internal (so the various stakeholders, across all technical teams, get a chance to understand exactly what happened and why) and external use (to explain customers what happened, and why it is unlikely to happen again)
- Monitoring that action plan over time to be sure it gets executed
- Acting as a senior escalation point towards impacted customers
- The SaaS Service Description encompasses all aspects of the SaaS Service that is offered to clients. Be responsible for the ongoing management and evolution of the SaaS Service Description. Drive necessary platform enhancements and introduce new service offerings, working with Product Management, Development, Professional Services, Sales and Pre-Sales to ensure the successful go to market of Service enhancements.
- Own Platform Pricing. Ensure that pricing accurately reflects the Service Description, managing any changes required, in conjunction with input from Product Management and Sales / Pre Sales.
- Technical Platform Evolution. In addition to operating the platform, it is the responsibility of SaaS Operations (in conjunction with Development) to build and manage a roadmap that covers the evolution of the following platform elements.
- Infrastructure - covering elements such as security / scalability / Public Cloud
- Deployment - making improvements to our deployment pipeline / approach
- Monitoring - covering metrics collection, publishing and proactive maintenance
- Travel: occasional, e.g. visiting regional ops teams once per year
- Work location: FIS office with occasional home working
Proven relevant work experience, which should include tenure within a Software Development organization / business as well as within Software / IT operations. Ideally, candidates will have prior experience working in Enterprise SaaS businesses
Education: master, in the field of computer science, or economics
English fluency (spoken and written) is mandatory
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Senior / Large Team Management
- Analytical capabilities
- Capability to understand the components of a complex IT infrastructure
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Good understanding of DevOps/Agility
- Experience within an Enterprise SaaS business
- Product Management experience
- Some understanding of the Corporate Banking/Payments/Treasury business
Director level managerial role - directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.