Sales/Business Development Director, Financial Markets
We are looking for a senior salesperson to sell IHS Markit Financial Markets suite of services focused on Reference data, Pricing, Valuations, and Indices. Learn more about our Pricing and Reference Data division here: Pricing and Reference Data | IHS Markit
The individual will predominantly focus on new business for the UK market. Your Role
All aspects of Sales for its specialist product line. The candidate will be the main driver of revenue acquisition for their specialist product line and will ensure that the business goals are achieved. The candidate will be integral to the team structure - working closely with the regional head of sales, other sales & account managers, the Business Development, and data support teams.
Specifically, these include:
- Generation of lead pipeline for new business
- Reporting of actual vs. budgeted sales on a regular basis
- Maintain communication with your accounts by being in regular contact with your key users and build a position of trust, respect, and openness with the view to generate new business across all Markit product lines.
- Listen and identify the client's needs and feedback any cross-selling opportunities to relevant product line Sales team. For multi product opportunities, the relevant salespeople will be involved, and a sales referral will be recorded. It is expected that the candidate be awarded with a combination of sales revenue and sales credits (when leads are referred and turn into either new revenue and/or upgrade revenue). The skew will be focused to sales revenue.
- You will proactively look for Sales referrals from existing accounts.
- Take ownership of client issues with the help of the data and Business Development teams.
- Maintain pipeline and generate management report (cold calls list, user list...) from Salesforce.
- Delegate non $ opportunity related activities (Billing, initial and on-going client set up and training, admin duties around contracts...) to relevant support teams.
- You are responsible for keeping your Markit products knowledge to a high standard for your defined product area and a referral standard for IHS Markit's other product lines and stay aware of any future development.
- Each sales person should be a point person for their allocated product providing understanding of clients, technical information, product characteristics, coaching Sales peers in terms of Sales USPs and pre sales questioning etc.
- Active participation in Sales Conferences/ Special Events sales collateral production, client entertainment; association memberships. It is expected that you will help drive these activities for their product line to maximize sales revenue and retention.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven 5+ years sales experience from a data, financial software or banking background
- Experience of Fixed Income, derivatives, indices, and cash products certainly a positive
- Self-starter, driven, personable, assertive, and resourceful
- Must be organized and ability to manage multiple sales in parallel
- Ability to generate pipeline from cold calls
- Ability to meet internal/external deadlines
- Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to present and negotiate with senior level management whilst in many cases, managing complex sales process
- Willing to progress in a rapidly growing/changing environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.