Excelsior has been engaged to conduct a search for this well established solutions provider with a strong global client base, looking to expand it's European sales team to sell new disruptive credit research and alternative data solutions they're bringing to market. Reporting direct to the Head of Europe you’ll be an integral member of the company, which has a relaxed and co-operative professional environment, and take a lead role in selling their suite of new credit solutions to the buy side, insurance companies and professional service firms. The sales person will certainly have the freedom and flexibility to develop and execute their own sales strategy, with the benefits of great credit solutions, brand and company behind them, with yet a nimble entrepreneurial culture that will help them be successful.
You'll need to be able to show:
- Solid sales experience and track record, with a new business revenue generation edge. This could be 3 or 15+ years experience, it doesn't matter, our client really is open minded to experience level in order to attract the right top sales performer.
- Experience selling either credit or fixed income research, market data, reference data, alternative data, indices, ratings related technologies would be ideal, as would a strong network of credit / fixed income portfolio managers and risk managers etc. Working for a data or research vendor is one experience type, but equally our client would consider sales people from investment banks selling in the credit / fixed income markets area whom might be interested in pivoting into the fintech arena.
- The ability to pick up solutions that are new / unique in the market, and a consultative sales approach in order to creatively identify solution sales opportunities.
- The personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture.
- Other languages such as French or German could be beneficial, but certainly not essential for this hire as this team will grow over time.
This is a unique sales career opportunity with the chance to sell truly disruptive credit research and alternative data solutions, whilst offering the chance to be at the core of a company to influence and make a significant impact on the company’s future success in Europe. Certainly an interesting opportunity for someone wanting to work for a company where they’ll be a “bigger fish in a smaller pond”, with strong sales potential and an uncapped commission structure.
Feel free to either apply online, or introduce yourself by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role keywords: sales, new business sales, sales executive, sales manager, sales director, account executive, VP Sales, hedge funds, buy side, asset management, investment management, investment banks, fund administrators, fintech, investment research, market data, reference data, alternative data, ratings, credit markets, fixed income, debt capital markets, portfolio mangement, credit risk management, counterparty risk management, data solutions, datafeeds, credit research.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.