Sales - International Cash Management, Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Cash Management Group (CMG) at BlackRock offers a wide range of investment products and custom solutions to fit clients’ cash investing needs, from money market funds to separate accounts and short duration strategies.
BlackRock and its predecessor companies have been involved in the management of Money Market Funds (MMFs) since 1973, and today, BlackRock’s Cash Management Group (CMG) a business division within the Trading and Liquidity Strategies (TLS) group is one of the world’s largest providers of cash management solutions to institutional and retail investors and manages (as of December 31, 2016) $454B as a result of earning the trust of our clients through multiple interest rate cycles and a wide variety of market events as opposed to solely generating the highest yields.
Today the Cash Management Group provides solutions either directly or through intermediary partners for institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including corporations, pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, private banks, traditional and alternative investment managers.
Within the Cash Non-Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) Sales Team, we are seeking an individual based in London to develop and grow the footprint of our direct NBFI book including insurance, asset managers and hedge fund clients. The individual will be accountable for driving new business with agreed annual AUM and revenue targets. Primary responsibility will be the distribution of Money Market Funds and bespoke cash solutions to this client book but also identifying opportunities to cross-sell BlackRock’s broader offering and coordinating with distribution partners in each of the BlackRock offices.
The individual will report to the Head of NBFI in London and will work alongside the Relationship Managers who are responsible for existing clients in region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Active engagement with new prospects across client sectors; developing a thorough understanding of the client base and investment products used.
- Acquiring new clients to the business, bringing in AUM and revenue against a defined sales target.
- Continually developing and updating an active sales pipeline
- Attending relevant networking events including conferences and seminars.
- Actively seeking opportunities to cross-sell broader BlackRock offering and introduce other parts of the business.
- Developing good internal partnerships where client coverage crosses over
- Working closely with cash team partners in other regional locations to provide seamless, coordinated client coverage globally
- Close collaboration with Product Strategy and Portfolio Management teams to prepare tailored materials for client pitches and partnering with other internal business units, as appropriate, when delivering these solutions to clients - in particular Legal, Tax, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Developing expertise in local market, client sector and industry practices.
- Supporting management of the team with regards to maintaining and analysing the business and market opportunities, including the use of our client relationship management tool ensuring information within Blackrock’s databases is up to date
- Providing strategic input into developing the service model for clients.
- Ensuring client account set-up operates smoothly and addressing client enquiries, errors and complaints.
- Assisting in planning and budgeting for various client events and seminars in region.
Skills and Qualifications - The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- >5 years relevant industry experience and an understanding of the cash and short duration investment landscape
- An individual track record of sales and senior level industry contacts
- An ability to sell through a consultative and strategic partnership with clients
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proven contributor in a team environment
- Technical knowledge, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Excellent organisational and time management
- Travel will be required.
- Additional languages desirable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.