Sales Analyst - UKI Cross Asset Distribution
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
MARK Cross Asset Sales provides investors with multi-asset market solutions. It addresses the needs of distributors, offering bespoke services to support then in the design, marketing and after-sale service of their products. It also serves institutional investors with their asset liability management, financing, hedging or the optimization of their overall return. MARK Cross Asset Sales capitalizes on an engineering team to deliver cross asset expertise and better manage trading risk.
• A fully coordinated global cash to structured Institutional & Distribution sales force with strong local footprint and coverage to offer optimum client service.
• Cross-asset offer leveraging all channels – from voice, exchange to e-commerce – to offer clients a full and comprehensive product set from cash to derivatives in all assets, and from pre- to post-trade services.
• Deep sectorial approach with asset specialists offering client-driven advisory and intelligent solutions, supported by leading cross-asset research.
• A local organisation allowing deep knowledge of the local constraints of clients across all assets.
• Specific client segment approach in order to ensure the most pertinent offer for each segment.
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
• To support senior sales people in providing Distribution clients based in the UK & Ireland (IFA, private banks, wealth managers, brokers, investment advisors) with investment or hedging structured solutions and executing primary transactions (pricing, term sheets, booking...)
• To ensure the secondary market dealing on such structured products
• To be the safe keeper of the internal rules (client on-boarding, product governance, risk limits...), in close coordination with the Sales COO
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
• To price and execute primary and secondary market transactions of structured products
• To produce offering and marketing documents (term sheets, factsheets, marketing presentation)
• To book and track trades (using SG internal system)
• To interact daily with the Marketing and Pricing/Structuring Teams (for pricing requests or marketing presentations)
• To provide a high level of operational support to the sales (trades follow-up, on-boarding process, documentation)
• To solve business or operational issues related to the products sold with the assistance of the IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
• To analyze, investigate, research, manage and resolve various requests from clients related to products, on boarding process, client events, documentation (legal and commercial)
• To ensure compliance with internal procedures and guidelines (SHB, clients on-boarding, credit risk checks, product guidelines, margin policies, restructuring policies, etc..)
• To produce reliable reporting and ensure data management (including but not limited to, CRM and P&L data) used for management information production ;
• To preserve integrity and accuracy of client database (iC)
• To seek out more straight through processes and identify areas to reduce broken workflows and costs
• To be impeccable in the expertise and use of internal systems to limit the risk for the bank and make the FO to BO chain smoother
• To ensure training and supervision of new joiners (interns, new VIEs)
Level of autonomy and authority - Define the autonomy of the role and what the job holder can authorise and make decisions on - If applicable
The Sales Analyst is the owner of all the operational-related topics and can work in total autonomy in this respect, under the supervision of the Sales COO.
All commercial topics are supervised by a salesperson.
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
• Reliability and rigor/attention to details
• Reactivity and anticipation
• Capacity to prioritize and organize
• Ability to work under pressure, both from internal contacts or clients
• Communication skills
• Sociable / Interpersonal relationship skills to develop client relations
• Teamwork & cooperation spirit
• Accountability / taking ownership
• Knowledge of main structured products features and mechanisms (rationale, pricing parameters, mechanisms)
• Analytical skills
• Proficient use of various software (Microsoft XL, Bloomberg, VB)