Sales Associate, GFO
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Global Family Office (“GFO”) is a sales and client servicing team dedicated to supporting very wealthy families and their charities and foundations. With over $200mm in investable assets, these families act like institutions but require a personal and high touch approach, as well as the highest level of discretion. Our families wealth is mixed in nature with some being multi-generational inherited wealth and some being new entrepreneurial wealth.
The EMEA Sales Support and Marketing role will ensure that:
• GFO achieves, and where possible exceeds, its sales target
• GFO increases its conversion ratio of new business wins
• GFO unearths and sources introductions to new prospect family offices
• GFO strives for excellence and quality throughout the sales process
• GFO and Northern Trust's profile is elevated internally and externally through thoughtful and targeted marketing
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Sales support principal responsibilities
• Identify, research and establish new advisor and other COI relationships
• Work with GFO sales managers on targeted prospect calling
• Utilise tools, technology and relationships to source new business opportunities
• Analyse prospect data in relation to target market / prospects, differentiators and product gaps.
• Develop detailed prospective client research and determine NT connection points
Sales administration principal responsibilties
• Maintain the GFO EMEA pipeline accurately – ERM / Salesforce prospect maintenance
• New business booking, updating and support – including NTAM
• Prepare fee proforma and profitability analysis
• Prepare, support and coordinate matters in relation to sales presentations and due diligence visits such as presentations, briefing memos, prep sessions, agendas, etc
• Assist sales managers in the preparation and finalisation of RFPs ensuring accurate, timely and quality proposals that are customised to prospects' needs
• Produce regular prospect and sales snapshot reports and ad hoc reports for management
• Ensure adherence to A-approach throughout the sales process.
• Maintain referral tracker report – internal and external
• Schedule and manage EMEA fee review submissions
Marketing principal responsibilties
• Manage and oversee relationships with external industry publications.
• Collaborate with corporate and wealth management marketing teams on award submissions
• Ownership of EMEA presentation material – figure and product updates, etc.
• Review and enhance case studies to drive client trends externally.
• Assist with direct client and prospect marketing campaigns – strategic recommendations to management regarding marketing and events ideas.
• White papers – liaising with US and customising for UK use through corporate marketing, compliance & legal
• Source opportunities for GFO to summit written submissions to publications on products, technology, client themes and trends to drive external brand elevation
• Identify events applicable to GFO sector, weed out ‘industry’ requests and present only value adding and real contending conferences as options to senior management.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• A strong background with a good understanding of the wealth management industry
• Direct or indirect experience in interacting with clients or prospects and meeting their needs
• Excellent organizational skills and comfort in prioritizing competing demands
• Ability to perform under pressure and to be flexible with working when required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self- motivated, self-starting and ability to bring entrepreneurial approach to work / opportunity sourcing
• Experience in client and prospect focused marketing
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Strong communication skills
• Committed and self-motivated individual
• Organised with ability to prioritise work / needs
• Adaptable and flexible to needs of a growing client servicing and sales group
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets