Sales Development Representative
Job Description The Sales Development Representative is responsible for assisting with the growth of our sales pipeline through lead generation and inside sales activities within our core credit and research business working with our award winning products.
- Drive sales growth by sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales professional for further development and closure
- Perform introductory online demos to prospects and educate them on the benefits of Moody's solutions
- Design and deploy focused sales campaigns aimed at expanding Moody's presence and brand in specific market niches
- Conduct research to develop target account contact information and account intelligence to generate an understanding of customer needs and requirements that can inform sales prospecting and/or marketing program strategies
- Utilise CRM software to track and measure all sales activity
Typically a Moody's employee working at this level would have between 1 and 2 years of new business development experience.
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required
- Experience in a sales/ new business development role
- Comfortable on the phone and managing objections
- Clear written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi-task and to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Fluency in another European language would be advantageous
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.