Sales Executive (IT Services)
- £60-£70,000 + Commission + Bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 18
The Sales Executive is responsible for the acquisition of new services business within tier one financial services organisations. This is a quota carrying role for an established IT services sales leader in the financial services sector. The successful candidate will capitalise on our client's established reputation as a trusted advisor in financial services IT where they compete for medium to large IT services engagements.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Educating clients on the service capabilities, including thought leadership, architectural services, programme management / mobilisation, payments services and delivery.
- Establishing and developing a pipeline of IT services business opportunities within new and established Tier 1 and Tier 2 financial institutions.
- Establishing and refreshing preferred supplier relationships with target clients and entering into framework services agreements to secure a commercial platform for future success.
- Ensuring that they are invited to participate in formal procurement process such as RFIs, RFPs, ITTs where appropriate with core clients.
- Maintaining regular contact with key client stakeholders (CIO, CTO, Heads of, and other Senior Management), establishing them as a reputable alternative to traditional global SIs, contractors and other consultancies.
- Engaging with clients at an early stage to qualify the opportunity, and develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape.
You will be an experienced IT services sales professional with a developing network and reputation in the financial services sector. Your experience will allow you to appropriately navigate the procurement cycle, successfully tendering for IT Services engagements.
Principal attributes, skills and experiences will include:
- Understanding of the consulting and delivery services business in UK financial institutions. This should be evidenced by a track record of winning services business and an accurate view of the opportunities, constraints and threats in the medium and long-term.
- Drive and capability to lead sales engagements and be accountable for delivering against targets.
- Confidence, poise and credibility necessary to effectively engage with senior stakeholders in the establishment of commercial partnerships rather than vendor relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage a negotiation of complex IT services deals, typically seeking to establish a small footprint to demonstrate capability and a foundation from which to grow.
- A good understanding of the IT services marketplace within the financial services industry, including changes affecting the industry including payments, regulatory compliance (AML, ringfencing, CMA compliance, Brexit planning), infrastructural changes and commercial opportunities (Digital Channels, and Digital Transformation).
- Appreciation for modern methods affecting the way in which enterprise IT engagements are delivered, such as, agile delivery methods, the emergence open-source ‘fin-tech’ platforms, Dev/Ops and other delivery models.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills supported by clear logical thinking with the ability to work with composure as a key member of the team in pressured situations.
- Exceptional communication skills and confidence presenting at c-level. Excellent written skills, removing complexity where possible in both internal and external correspondence.