Sales Manager, Charles River Development (CRIMS); UK & Middle East, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
With over half of the world's top 100 money managers as customers and over $25 trillion in assets on the CR IMS, Charles River has a great reputation across customers in the EMEA region. The company's SaaS-based, leading edge technology platform has been well received and the firm is seeing a number of significant uptake from existing customers as well as attracting new named customers who see it as the best in class.
CRD Ltd is seeking to recruit a Sales Manager to work with an assigned territory (UK and Middle East) to both grow the existing Client base (new business) and extend the footprint within existing Clients in the region. For existing customers, the company has a Client Management team, whose primary role is to execute on a tactical operating plan and address day to day issues. This enables the Sales Manager to focus on understanding the customer's strategy and business to create and execute on a plan that results in deployment of Charles Rivers' solutions to address the customer's strategic business objectives.
This is an especially exciting time to join Charles River following its acquisition by State Street and the extensive new front-to-back opportunities this provides. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Sales Manager
What we value
- The role will involve a mix of New Business Sales (circa 70%) and existing customer Account Management (circa 30%).
- The successful candidate will be personally responsible for the entire sales and account management process from inception. This includes, research, identification and 'upselling' CRD modules and services in existing customer accounts, prospecting, relationship building, negotiation and contract closure, adopting a consultative/solution sales methodology. The primary objectives are comprehensive market penetration through growth of the CRD customer base and customer retention through driving add-on modules and services (lead by SaaS) sales and extending the usage of the application.
- Systematic prospecting and lead generation across the designated territory and vertical markets within the 'buy-side'. Periodic assistance provided by 'Inside Sales' (cold calling) person to help reach and penetration into territory base, build and foster relationships with primarily C-Suite contacts to comprehensively uncover sales opportunities and deliver CRIMS value proposition
- Selling the value proposition around a comprehensive SaaS solution to new and existing customers
- Consultative and strategic management of the entire sales process- organising and running presentations/workshops, owning and contribution to RFI/P and tender process, solution demos/pilots, commercial proposals and presentations. Working throughout prospective customer organisation to understand the organisation, the players, decisions makers, build high level relationships, clearly understand business and technical requirements and prescribe commensurate messaging and value proposition. An ability to clearly articulate CRD advantages to best position CRD as a strategic partner and ultimately close business.
- Work through objections, pricing and contract issues to close deals
- Work with CRD Relationship Managers to leverage penetration within existing CRD customer accounts. Development of relationships with key industry partners including consultants and complementary service providers to broaden CRD's reputation and ultimately leverage sales opportunities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must have thorough understanding and application of strategic selling, solution selling (e.g. Miller Heiman, SPIN, etc) and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment.
- Consistent record of overachievement against demanding targets.
- Must have knowledge and experience selling complex solutions, enterprise software and large consulting projects to the financial services industry preferably in investment or Wealth management (buy-side).
- Personal credibility with C Suite executives within the target market - candidates must understand the culture and language of the sector as well as the issues facing Charles River's customers.
- Record of developing accounts and relationships from "one of many" to key trusted advisor status
- University degree preferably in a technology or finance discipline is essential.
About State Street What we do.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and excellent communication skills essential.
- A keen awareness of the political dynamics within the customer base
- Experience of growing existing accounts - some active and others spending money but not fully committed.
- Experience selling complex systems which require the sales person to really understand the solution in detail and not superficially. Ability to understand key concepts, observations and articulate CRD and the CRIMS value proposition.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers