Sales Support - Consultant relations
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
About Fidelity International Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
The Global Institutional team at Fidelity acts as a trusted advisor, expert manager and thought-leading investment partner to institutions globally. Our clients include pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, charities, banks and other institutional investors. We offer a full range of institutional investment strategies and solutions, including our own products and those of the other parts of the Fidelity business (Fidelity Institutional Asset Management / FIAM, Geode). Within this wider team, the Global Consultant Relations team drives the strength and quality of the relationship that Fidelity has with the investment consultant community in order to retain existing business and develop new opportunities.
Purpose of your role
The Global Consultant Relations (GCR) team is responsible for investment consultant engagement and manager research. The team coordinates on a global basis to develop consultant ratings priorities and plans for Fidelity's investment strategies, and implement those plans to support sales opportunities with consultant-advised clients around the world.
This role will support the GCR team on a global basis, and work locally on manager research and field consultant engagement in the UK. The candidate will report to the Head of Consultant Relations, UK
There are two key objectives for the role:
- Support the GCR team with global coordination and communication (both internal & external), marketing, projects, Management Information reporting and other day-to-day activities
- Support the UK CR team on manager research and field consultant work. This includes responding to ad hoc requests by email and phone, supporting consultant RFPs / RFIs and operational due diligence materials, preparation for face-to-face research meetings and day-to-day consultant relationship management
This requires investment and industry knowledge and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Support the GCR team on global co-ordination of strategy and projects, Salesforce CRM, consultant databases, Management Information reporting, internal communications, external campaigns, fortnightly/quarterly GCR calls and offsites, plus other day-to-day activities
- Work with GCR colleagues to develop and maintain global Key Consultant Plans
- Support UK/Global consultant RFPs, RFIs, operational due diligence information requests and support subsequent meetings
- Preparation for face-to-face consultant manager research meetings for UK-based investment strategies
- Support the UK Consultant Relations team and UK Relationship Director team in engaging with field consultants in the UK
- Understand and communicate Fidelity's Institutional product range to consultants
- Provide business updates, marketing materials and regular performance updates to consultants and respond to queries by email and phone
- Host consultants in-person at Fidelity events from time to time
- Active management of Salesforce - maintenance of contacts, meeting notes, dashboard etc in Fidelity's CRM system
- Work with the Consultant Database Team to ensure the quality of data and narratives on major consultant databases and guide competitive analysis output.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience within an institutional team preferred
- Strong understanding of investments (IMC/CFA or equivalent qualification is preferred)
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong ability to build internal and external network
- Focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Team player and ability to use initiative
- Able to adapt to a wide range of required tasks
- Proactive and positive approach with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel from time to time
- Adaptable to changing environment
- Willing to be flexible