FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Sanctions Screening Operations Senior Analyst x 2
My client, a leading Financial Markets and Commodities Bank, is looking to recruit a Sanctions Screening Operations Analyst.
My client, a leading Financial Markets and Commodities Bank, is looking to recruit a Sanctions Screening Operations Analyst who will be responsible for sanctions screening within the Operations function to include releasing alerts, escalating alerts and/or enquiries to Financial Crime, and interacting with key stakeholders such as Global Markets and other Operations teams such as Settlements. The role's remit will be ensuring that the Bank performs sanctions screening in line with requirements set by the Bank's Financial Crime function.
This is a newly established team in London, so my client is looking for knowledgeable, proactive and driven individuals who are assertive and can help shape and bed in processes and ensure the team is a successful one.
This person needs to have a knowledge of global AML and sanctions rules and regulations as well as have a strong knowledge of payments and swift messaging.
Candidates must have experience in sanctions screening, such as screening payment messages and payment alert investigations. It would also be a distinct advantage if this person had a working knowledge of the Fircosoft screening software tool as this is currently being implemented.
The working environment at this bank is dynamic and as such they are looking for a candidate to fit into this environment, someone who is results and delivery focussed, with a high level of integrity and is sociable and engaging.
* Process screening alerts within the screening tool in a timely manner throughout the day, escalating to the other team members and Head of the Sanctions Screening team as appropriate.
* Identify sanctions risks using Fircosoft screening software tool.
* Ensure that the Group Email Inbox is managed daily to ensure that all correspondence is responded to in a timely manner.
* Work closely and collaboratively with the Financial Crime Team by building and maintaining good relationships.
* Take time to understand the Sanctions Policy set by the Financial Crime function.
* Develop a strong understanding of the business operating model for Sanctions Screening.
* Help to maintain procedures and daily checklists to ensure that they are reflective of all appropriate key controls.
* Highlight any system or process issues to the Head of the team.
* Work with the rest of the team in the timely delivery of system upgrades and associated testing.
* Complete and attest to having completed all training requirements.
* Observe all required deadlines for completing bank-wide tasks i.e. Appraisals/periodic attestations etc.
* Additional ad hoc duties or tasks as required/delegated by Management.
* Ensure that the rules and standards relating to sanctions set by the Financial Crime department for the Bank are met at all times.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 13 Feb 18