Scala Developer - Engineer - Programmer
- £70000 - £85000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cornwallis Elt
- 01 Oct 18
A world leading Investment Bank in London are hiring a Scala Developer to join their Front Office IT. The chosen candidate will develop the real-time risk management system for equities trading. This will provide the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced arena and
Scala Developer – Engineer, Programmer, Real-Time. Equities, Front-Office, Risk
A world leading Investment Bank in London are hiring a Scala Developer to join their Front Office IT. Working as part of an Agile team the chosen candidate will develop the real-time risk management system for equities trading covering Derivative, Prime Services and Cash Equities.
There is a constant element of change and new project work as they consistently look to improve and upgrade their technology offering. This will provide the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced arena and access the latest tech. This position also sits alongside the business providing an excellent learning base to develop business knowledge across equities.
Essentials Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid Scala/Java, with experience developing server-side applications/services;
- Financial industry experience – preferably front office Equities
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and experience working on Agile teams;
- Experience with frameworks such as JSON (Json4s); REST (Spray); messaging middleware; caching technologies (Hazelcast, memcached); BDD (Specs2/ScalaTest);
- University degree in computer science or equivalent training or experience.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50. You can also follow our live roles on the website at http://www.cornwalliselt.com/live_roles and on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cornwalliselt