Scala Developer - FX Options - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
See job description for details
The Foreign Exchange (FX) and Emerging Markets Practice Area within Technology and Data provides the pricing, trade capture and risk management systems for the FX business. The FX market is both diverse and highly liquid with trading volumes greater than $5 trillion/day. Systems must cater for 24hr, highly liquid, ultra-low latency e-trading through to complex exotic transactions taking days to negotiate. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
The FX Options team is renovating its sales and trading platform, building out a new system for:
• Price discovery and negotiation
• Intraday and end of day risk
• Trade capture
• You will be using Scala and graph programming paradigms on technically challenging global projects enabling the business to meet regulatory concerns, grow revenues, reduce costs and streamline the sales and trading business.
• This role will form part of a global team working with colleagues in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Montreal and New York.
• You will focus on a broad range of deliveries across sales & trading interaction as project priorities dictate.
• We are looking for strong technical skills and an interest in understanding how technology benefits the business.
• Experience in Scala and graph programming
• Testing experience using Scalatest
• Strong technical skills and an interest in understanding how technology benefits the business.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The closing date for applications is 18/08/2018
The salary of this role is competitive
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1