Scala Developer / Strategist
- GBP80000 - GBP160000 per annum + Competitive Bonus/Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jan 19
A unique opportunity to bridge the gap between technology and quantitative analysis.
A globally tier 1 financial institution are looking for a confident, mathematically minded guru level functional programming engineer to join the business in an area identified for investment over the next few years. As a direct member of the quant team good communication skills and passion for doing things the right way are a must.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in Algorithmic Execution in a company which prides themselves on their focus on promoting a collaborative, forward thinking working culture dedicated to investing in the latest technologies and practices. You will be expected to bring innovative ideas to the table and take responsibility for maintaining this ethos.
Responsibilities & upcoming projects:
- Design and implement risk analytics platform
- Liaise with Quants and Traders to define new requirements
- Optimise algorithms to maximise perofrmance
- Provide technical insight and innovative ideas
- Essential - Functional programming expertise (strongly typed) - Scala, Haskell, F#
- Essential - front office experience with a passion for working closely with the business
- Essential - excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Desirable - Finance experience
If you feel you meet these requirements and would like to find out more about this role please apply or send a copy of your CV to pbatty@teksystems(.com) for more information. Your application will be held in strict confidence and your CV will not be forwarded on without a prior detailed conversation about the role and company and your express permission.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Statement available at http://www.allegisgroup.com/Privacy/Default.aspx. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Statement.