- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Search Consultancy Ltd
- 30 Jul 18 2018-07-30
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a well known, partner led Consultancy firm. My client is in the market for an experienced Scheme Actuary. If you currently hold a Scheme Actuary certificate and are looking for an opportunity in a forward thinking, fresh environment then apply now!
A privately owned UK firm of Actuaries, Pension Consultants, Pension IT specialists and Administrators. My client is part of an integrated group of companies and any individual joining this organisation can expect endless opportunities and a broad range of challenging and exciting work.
Role / Person Overview:
A Scheme Actuary that is looking for the opportunity to develop a successful career and build their network and reputation within an award winning and thriving organisation. The ideal Candidate will be seeking an opportunity in which they can own their own workload and client meetings and become more involved in complex and challenging schemes and work. You will be prepared to stay ahead of developments within the Actuarial sector and be committed to the continuous improvement of the business areas and processes. You will also be an innovative thinker and prepared to work in a flexible environment which seeks out opportunity and improvement.
As a Scheme Actuary, you will provide Actuarial services to clients with regard to Pension Schemes, building the firms presence and exposure across the UK. You will provide strategic leadership and direction within the Actuarial practice as a Senior Adviser and becoming a Scheme Actuary to a number of Schemes. You will also provide advice and mentor colleagues to deliver high quality work and to progress through Actuarial studies towards qualification.
The successful Candidate will attend and contribute at client/trustee meetings, workflow meetings, team meetings and ad-hoc meetings with various internal and external individuals and other parties in order to meet responsibilities of the role.
It is essential that the candidate holds and maintains Scheme Actuary Practicing Certificate and holds and maintains Fellowship of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Experience of holding a recent client book of Scheme Actuary appointments
- Broad industry background, Actuarial and Pension practice exposure post qualification
- Experience of delivery regulated investment advice to clients of Defined Benefit pension schemes would be a significant advantage
- Extensive understanding of pension scheme accounting, company financials, valuation of covenants, The Pensions Regulator (tPR), the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) guidance, processes and procedures.
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication to the role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary (all depends on current package and experience) and a benefits package that includes:
- Pension - you will be eligible to join the pension scheme (contributions to be matched up to a maximum of 7.5%), via salary sacrifice/exchange.
- Private Medical Insurance - Self cover only
- Life Assurance - Four times your annual salary
- Group Income Insurance
- 33 days including 9 Bank and Public Holidays and 4 Exceptional closure days over Christmas period
- Flexible Benefits (based on salary sacrifice/exchange)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation that rewards success and encourages personal development. If you would like to become a part of this fantastic, award winning organisation then apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.