Scrum Master, IT, London
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Key responsibilities
- Champion the agile framework and ensure consistent standards across the scrum teams
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies and monitoring the processes
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverable that support business goals
- Identify key KPIs and prepare and present reports on progress and success
- Support increasing team efficiency; Motivate the team and remove impediments
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Support and educate the Product Owners, especially on grooming, prioritising and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Partner with geographically diverse development teams in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Degree (preferred in Computer Science, Finance or Business Management) , or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience managing and leading software development and/or digital transformation projects
- Extensive experience in Scrum Master/Agile coach role for a software development team and training and mentoring new Agile / Scrum teams and individuals
- Extensive experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Extensive experience in various Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, ideally within an enterprise agile level organisation, managing multiple scrum teams
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Expert in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Critical thinker and team player; Great interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Jira, Confluence
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .