* CONTRACT Secure Software Engineer vacancy in the banking sector * Key skills - implementing SSDLC, Java, API security, SOLID principles, AWS * Rate - £430 - £460 p/d
Secure Software Engineer
- Urgent CONTRACT Secure Software Engineer vacancy with a global technology organisation which provides best in class services to premier financial services institution
- You will join a well-established team of contractor and permanent employees tasked with delivering key technology services to the business
- Interviewing and onboarding conducted remotely with laptop couriered to your residence
- This role will remain fully REMOTE for at least the rest 2020 and likely into the new year
- Key skills - implementing SSDLC, Java, API security, SOLID principles, AWS
- Start date - ASAP
Who we are
You will be joining a global leader in technology delivery, which is uniquely positioned to deliver innovative engineering solutions to financial services clients, including HSBC, Barclays, Santander, Co-operative Bank and BNP Paribas.
We work with engineering functions to provide expertise, team augmentation and project turnaround services. We are highly respected in the market and we continue to build lasting relationships with CTO's all over the UK.
Working towards a common goal, you will join an exceptional cross-functional team of technologists with a blue-chip financial services organisation.
- Understanding and implementing SSDLC to the highest level.
- Reviewing solutions for alignment with Digital Services goals and objectives
- Remaining cognizant of contemporary architectural and engineering approaches
- Supporting initiatives to improve client developer experiences and their efficiency
- Being responsible for the lifecycle of work on our Simplification Initiatives programme
- Developing solutions to facilitate the migration of our API estate to global Kubernetes strategic cloud platforms
- Working with on-premise and cloud solutions - primarily AWS based
- Proven ability to empower and coach all members of the team
- Must be able to apply SOLID and other architectural principles to designs and code
- Must be able to articulate a clear understanding of event-driven architecture patterns
- Experience implementing event-based solutions is desirable
- A strong grasp of functional, non-blocking, asynchronous code or coroutines
- Proficiency with one or more object-oriented languages - must have Java
- Experience securing APIs at scale would be beneficial
- Experience using more than one approach to API security
- Deep knowledge of distributed service-oriented architecture, relational databases, micro-services
- Experience building high performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully adopted by customers over extended time periods
Click to apply!
Location: Remote for the foreseeable future
Position: Secure Software Engineer
Rate: £430 - £460 p/d
Contact: Stephen White