Securities - Bolt Web Strats - Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 24 Mar 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 07 March 2019
Application Closing Date: 03 April 2019
The Goldman Sachs Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. The work involves developing a thorough understanding of the full range of investment products and strategies offered by the firm, an ability to capture the characteristics of those investments in mathematical models and the creation of infrastructure to make those analyses reusable and scalable across our businesses.
This global fixed-income trading strats team has a global remit working across the whole range of Interest Rates, FX and Commodities. Bolt Web Strats work with vanilla and complex (non-vanilla) product trading & sales, developing and enhancing a risk-based platform used to quote and risk manage franchise flows. Overall, the group is responsible for the development and maintenance of the platform across the franchise so that they can be leveraged by the FICC Macro businesses to automate and build scale. In general, we are looking for smart, quantitative, commercial, problem-solving-oriented, proactive candidates with proven track record of delivering robust, high performance software and either with experience of financial markets or a keen interest to learn about them.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build and support a unified risk-based platform to automate franchise and risk management tasks
- Execute full stack development in all and any components of the system required to solve the business problems presented
- Write unit and integration tests to assert the correctness of the features you've implemented
- Work directly with Trading, Sales and other Strategists
- Learn about the FICC business while working with a talented group of individuals
- Develop and maintain tools & analytics for external clients to price and structure new trades
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industries required
- Strong applied programming skills in Java or C++ required
- Experience in development, implementation and testing of products/applications required
- Familiarity with development of trading products/systems/applications required
- Must have willingness to learn proprietary technologies required
- Exposure to engineering of UI, data manipulation/visualisation, search tools required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement/automation initiatives required
- Strong communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Strong customer/client relationship management skills required
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a high pressurised environment required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.