Securities, Core Infrastructure Developer, Equities Systematic Market Making Strats, Analyst/Associate/VP, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs is building a new platform for systematic equities trading. The platform includes low-latency trading components that connect to trading venues where system performance provides a competitive advantage and, additionally, a strategy research platform. The platform is in its early stages and is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic developer to help build it.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. Equities Systematic Market Making Strategists play a critical role in defining and running automated trading strategies. There are complex challenges on both modelling and technological fronts. On the modelling side, large amounts are data are analysed in order to understand market behaviour, allowing the research and backtesting of systematic strategies. On the technology side, we operate in a latency-critical environment, building connectivity to external trading venues and developing a research platform to collect and analyse huge amounts of data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build low latency connectivity to external venues
- Build high throughput tick data collection and storage
- Enhance internal messaging systems
- Shape aspects of our software development environment as the platform grows
- Have the opportunity to be involved with all aspects of a highly automated, high volume trading ecosystem
- Understand GS principal liquidity provision strategies
- Strong academic background with BS degree in quantitative subject such as CS, Maths or matching experience
- Good basic mathematics / statistics
- Good understanding of modern C++ development including C++14 extensions
- Low latency C++ development (not necessarily in finance)
- Strong algorithms and data structures
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Commercially focused
- Exchange connectivity experience
- Knowledge of latency optimisation techniques
- Experience with java or python
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.