Securities Division, Analyst, Market Structure Transition
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 27 May 18 2018-05-27
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS T he Market Structure Transition team create and implement strategies to guide Goldman Sachs' clients through the changes that are occurring in the financial market landscape. We identify areas of particular risk and opportunity for the firm and its client base and develop strategies to address them. The role will include working closely with Divisional Leadership, Sales, Trading, Strats and the Federation.
- Partner with stakeholders across the Securities Division to ensure appropriate regulatory implementation and develop front office market structure strategy.
- Help clients to navigate changing market structures and an evolving regulatory environment, through written educational material and direct conversations.
- Focus on project management and delivery, deploying a strong knowledge of GS's business practices, the regulatory backdrop and cross-asset market structure themes.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the themes which the Market Structure Transition team cover. Particular focus on Brexit and MiFID II topics can be expected.
- Work with Federation counterparts to creatively problem solve and implement long-term strategic solutions.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and an ability to distill large amounts of complex information into readily digestible work product.
- Excellent working use of Excel & PowerPoint and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data into usable reports.
- Basic understanding of sales and trading workflows from buy-side, sell-side and trading venue perspectives.
- Ability to communicate to a range of audiences, including clients and internal counterparts.
- Ability to build consensus - as the work will involve many stakeholders.
- Excellent team work skills, intellectual curiosity and a strong work ethic. Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.