Securities, EM Sales Trader, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Jan 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 31 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 27 January 2019
The EM EQ Team is a multi-product Equities Team including Cash Equity, 1-Delta Derivatives and Options/further Derivatives. The Team manages our client's exposure across a range of Emerging Market Indices and Single Names, primarily focused within the CEEMEA region. The Team is however part of a Global Team, with responsibilities across Global Emerging Markets.
The Team is looking to add and Analyst to our dedicated Sales Trading, with primary focus in the CEEMEA region, but also exposure to GS' Global Emerging Markets Equity Product. The role will involve working closely with our Trading Desks to understand and market our capabilities, whilst structuring products/solutions to meet increasingly complex client requirements; clients include Global and Local Institutions.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand key risk exposures inherited as part of our client's Trade Implementations and design products/solutions to help them.
- Understanding Equity Derivative Pricing (Equity Options + Swaps/Forwards/Futures) and key risk exposures associated with each of the products
- General knowledge of fixed income derivatives, especially in the context of Equity Funding.
- Understanding of inventory optimization across Delta-1 business, working with clients to structure balance sheet efficient inventory management trades
- Maintenance of GS' Equity Emerging Market Product offering within CEEMEA, whilst coordinating Globally
- Develop strong relationships with our extensive international client base, understand their requirements, and travel world-wide marketing the EM products
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required Strong analytical/problem-solving approach with attention to detail
- Significant professional experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Proven ability to work closely with a variety of desks (trading & sales, globally), and an understanding of different interests essential
- Must have quantitative skills with general understanding of equity derivatives (swaps/options)
- An interest in Macro and Micro markets across all asset classes (primarily Equity focused, although EM has high correlations to all asset classes)
- Strong communication and leadership skills: ability to breakdown complex matters into simple building blocks required
- General presentation skills, Powerpoint, Excel etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.