Securities, FICC SMM Engineering, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Who We Are
FICC SMM is a cross-asset systematic market-making business covering FX, commodities, interest rates, and credit. Our front-office team is responsible for all aspects of the business, from quantitative research and trading to low-level software implementation. We are looking for full-time Engineers.
- Design, implement and maintain software to the demanding standards of automated trading systems.
- Identify and realize opportunities to enhance the FICC SMM software platform and commercial offering.
- Identify and address issues of operational risk.
- Collaborate within FICC SMM to build out new businesses and to grow the capacity and scope of existing ones.
- Work with sales teams and other trading desks to improve client service through automation and enhance the firm's overall franchise.
- Exceptional software engineer with experience in Java, C++ or Python.
- Experienced in implementation and operation of mission-critical systems.
- Knowledgeable in Linux, high-performance computing and networking.
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems engineering.
- Skilled communicator and collaborator.
- Independently driven and organized.
- Knowledge of statistical research methods a plus.
- Knowledge of options markets and risk-management a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.