Securities Finance Corporate Actions Specialist, Senior Associate
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Securities Finance Corporate Actions Specialist, Senior AssociateWe have 1 open role within the Securities Finance International Enhanced Custody team. The main parts to the role:
• UK and/or International corporate actions tracking, research and processing.
• Reconciliation and distribution of dividends and cash corporate actions.
• Identify position needs and submit trade orders with brokerage intermediaries.
• Identifying and managing the risks associated to corporate actions.
The desk consists of 2 staff managing a loan and borrow book over 21 European and Far Eastern Markets.
A Successful candidate's duties will include:
- Monitors market corporate action events against the portfolio for this product.
- Analyses, researches and interprets corporate action terms and conditions according to established policies and procedures.
- Inputs corporate action blocks, restrictions and trading comments on the Securities Finance system.
- Communicates with internal and external parties to provide corporate action information and relevant deadlines.
- Calculates entitlements based on corporate actions terms and conditions and processes the requisite adjustments and possible ensuing market transactions in a timely and accurate manner for securities borrowed and on loan.
- Researches and resolves all shares - related discrepancies with the participating lending agent.
- Monitors all corporate action share entitlements to ensure proper and timely collateralization.
- Communicates with the trading and settlements groups to enforce policies and procedures to minimize corporate action issues.
- Reconciles pending/open borrowed and loaned positions with participating parties.
- Collects the requisite income from participating borrowers in order to pay the participating lending agent(s) on market pay date.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Knowledge Securities Finance is a requirement
- Knowledge of global corporate actions in all markets and dividend related trading preferable
- Knowledge of SunGard Global One experience preferable, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and unit workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify areas of exposure, take necessary steps to protect Enhanced Custody, its clients and the corporation.
- Customer focus
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to learn and be part of a growing team
- Good communication, organization, problem solving, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Microsoft proficient