Securities, Strats, Executive Director, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Full Job Title: Securities, Strats, Executive Director, London
Application Opening Date: 2 March 2018
Application Closing Date: 30 March 2018
Location: London Salary: Competitive
Are you passionate about solving complex quantitative problems with a real world impact? Do you have what it takes to engineer the next generation risk management and execution platform in the firm's Securities Division? We are looking for a professional to join the Strats team within our Securities division. This person will hold a key front-office role responsible for developing end of day and real time risk management tools, and execution tools for this fast growing business, working with trading and other strategists.
The Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological expertise to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Exposure to various asset classes in which our clients transact;
- Connectivity with traders, salespeople, and multiple areas of strategists
- You will be challenged to think strategically, proposing new business design, analytics and/or solutions to meet traders' needs.
- As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering or equivalent required
- Advanced object oriented coding and software design skills
- Experience within Commodities Derivatives required
- Knowledge of developing and supporting risk systems required
- Understanding of financial math concepts, e.g. Black Scholes pricing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking and working as part of a global team
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Must be a team player with demonstrable experience of collaboration with different teams/users
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.