Well-respected international bank with London office require additional support to ensure timely trade processing of FX Options, securities and derivative transactions from trade capture systems to the respective accounting and payments system.
This role is a Securities and Derivatives AVP position, who will assist with minor management duties as well as general BAU duties, to ensure decurities and derivative transactions are processed by the team in accordance with bank guidelines, regulatory obligations and local procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all payments are entered in time to meet respective deadlines.
- Ensure all accounting entries have been processed correctly.
- Ensure trades are verified to respective external sources prior to processing.
- Ensure confirmation matching process has been completed in a timely manner with resolution of discrepancies.
- Ensure reconciliation breaks with Nostros, Futures Brokers or Custodian statements are proactively followed up and resolved.
- Ensure daily functions are completed to an accurate level in a timely manner.
- Ensure Custodian and Futures balances are fully reconciled and trades settled to meet market conventions.
- Maintain existing relationships with Front Office to promote quality service.
- Proactively improve processes via 3 “E”s and using the Kaizen concept.
- Ensure Desktop procedures and checklists are actively maintained and updated.
- Perform and document User Acceptance Testing as part of new system upgrades.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Understanding of securities settlements business to include Euroclear, CREST & FED settlement services and primary issuance and secondary market settlements.
- Understanding of derivatives settlements business to included Interest Rate Swaps, Cross currency swaps, Inflation swaps, FX Options & Schuldshein issuance.
- Understanding of payment formats.
- Understanding of Derivative and Securities underlying documentation, including an awareness of Regulatory Reporting requirements.
- Able to adapt to continually changing regulatory environment for derivatives business.
- Able to prioritise day to day responsibilities.
- Provide support to Assistant Team Leader for tactical process improvements.
- Being determined to continually challenge the status quo of existing processing methods whilst recognising the need to ensure control is maintained and customer experienced enhanced.
- Able to effectively communicate.
This is a temporary position to hire up to two persons however there is a high probability that this will lead to long-term extension. Interested parties please get in touch ASAP.