Security Engineer - Associate - Technology and Information Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Morgans Stanleys Enterprise Security Products (ESP) team is is looking for a strong Security Architect or Engineer to join an established team in London.
The Enterprise Security Products (ESP) team is - amongst other things - responsible for developing and engineering the firm;s core security controls. The technology and solution stack spans all firm employees as well as external clients of the Institutional Security and Wealth Management Businesses. It consists of home-grown software, 3rd party software, open source products and auxiliary services and solutions.
The successful candidate will work join the ESP Architecture team as an engineer. Focus areas/responsibilities include:
- Solution research and analysis, i.e. answer the question: “Will this work in our environment?”
- Performing initial research based on defined problem/requirement, utilizing sponsor-provided data sources, and Firm data sources to identify trends
- Awareness of state-of-the-art industry research and identify relevant areas of the Firm that could benefit from such technology
- Design/Build/PoC solutions for validation and handover to engineering teams if successful
- Developing Devops standards, processes and workflows to standardise the way applications and services and configured, deployed and manged by engineering and operations teams
- Developing and evolving Devops tools, with an emphasis on integrations with existing tools/open source solutions over building from scratch
- Build the foundations to help development teams become more agile, increasing delivery velocity whilst also increasing the accuracy of change
- Provide consultancy/coaching to product teams to drive adoption of standards, tools and best practices and consistency
- Developing modern Devops capabilities to enable the ESP organisation to further improve the way we deliver solutions to our clients
We are looking for a fungible, enthusiastic technologist with excellent communication skills and experience of managing applications in an enterprise environment with a passion for building scalable solutions. The successful candidate will help to both identify/PoC new technologies in the security domain as well as evolving the way ESP manage applications to drive standardisation and improve consistency/efficiency. Additionally the candidate will help to shape future direction of application management through the adoption of Devops methodologies covering processes, organisation and tooling.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to broaden their experience in application management/delivery working in a complex, mission critical, security focused enterprise environment.
- Strong Operational and Engineering experience managing applications/services in an enterprise environment
- Must have previous experience of delivering and/or running scalable infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Strong development experience using scripting languages (Perl and/or Python) at an OO level
- Strong experience in Linux usage and management
- Experience in process and workflow development and documentation is essential
- Good experience/knowledge of Devops methodologies, tools and processes
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a collaborative approach
- Strong experience with core ITIL disciplines covering release, change and configuration management
- An automation/orchestration mind-set, enable the product teams to spend more time coding and less time on manual processes
- Ability to quickly learn and understand propriety technologies in a complex, regulated environment
- Strong desire to partner with product teams in a consulting capacity to help them adopt tools and processes
- A real interest in product research and evaluation, i.e. integration, support, and environmental impact whilst keeping in mind economies of scale, stakeholders, and existing solutions
- Strong experience in product integration, e.g. taking open source products/tools and deploying/integrating them into a corporate environment
- A level of technology security experience, ultimately this is role is within a security team
- Experience in open source configuration management systems such as Saltstack/Ansible/Cloud Foundary etc.
- Experience in Cloud, e.g. AWS
- Enterprise Architecture
- Experience in developing with OO languages, e.g. Java
- Experience in Git, Jira, and Jenkins
- Experience working in a large, regulated corporate entity.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1