We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The UK Security Officer you will be Working at the corporate offices in London you will be instrumental in protecting clients, visitors, staff, assets and property. You will work a shift system covering days, night and weekends, reporting to the Shift Leader. What you'll do
• To ensure the security and safety of all clients, visitors, staff, assets and property. Monitor CCTV, Electronic Access Control and all other security systems.
• Apply the rules and regulations relating to entry to company premises, the issue of passes to employees and contractors and ensure that visitors and contractors are aware of the company's emergency procedures.
• Carry out full patrols of the premises both internally and externally. Check all areas for breaches of security, fire and environmental risks and take appropriate action.
• Submit, as necessary, reports of any incident, event or occurrence. Escalate information both verbally and by written report.
• Act as first responder to H&S and Security Issues.
• Carry out reception duties in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Computer literate - Maintain and record in a proper, legible way relevant documentation as required.
• Respond to emergency situations.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience as a security officer in a corporate environment.
• Knowledge of digital CCTV systems, access control systems, intruder alarms and security systems generally.
• Knowledge of C-Cure 9000 access control system (preferred).
• Practical security, fire safety, first aid and health and safety knowledge.
• Good level of written and spoken English.
• Report writing skills.
• Working knowledge of data protection act requirements.
• Experience of Microsoft office.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately with clients, visitors, staff and contractors. What you'll be like
• Present a professional image at all times.
• First class customer service and timekeeping.
• Be assertive, confident and of a personable character.
• Flexibility to assist with short notice operational staffing requirements. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.