Security Operations Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the InfoSec team. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
As a member of the MIR team, the security engineers are responsible for operating and monitoring critical security systems to uphold a strong security posture. This is a hands-on security operations role where the candidate will be helping optimise and automate alerts and remediation processes with others in Infosec or across the business.
To do this you will:
- Detect and respond to security alerts and incidents utilizing standard IR practices
- Automate processes and methodologies for analysis and error detection, as well as spam detection and blocking of malicious activities
- Conduct incident post mortem meetings, and documenting the results of security incident investigations
- Build strong relationships across Funding Circle, being an advocate of security best practices and go to point for security related queries
- Be an active member of the security community and employ industry standard methodologies and insights into our platform
- Offer your expertise to other specialists in the designing and building of secure software across our business
You have experience in and enjoy the following:
- Security Professional - A foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security operations, incident response life cycle, and threat actor TTPs
- Collaboration - Engagement with the InfoSec team and other stakeBrowseholders
- Automating - Experience scripting and optimizing day-to-day operations, workflows, and security tools
- Investigating - Someone who is well versed in collecting forensic evidence when security incidents occur to resolve impact, scope, and remedies.
- Flexibility and Agility - Able to changes tasks and projects on a regular basis and work with a variety of teams
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and produce a high level of quality in documentation and product
Bonus points for...
Why should you join us?
- Previous experience working with security tooling in cloud environments, notably AWS
- Experience working with NIDS, AV, WAF, EDR, and CASB alerts at a granular level
- Fearless will to learn new technologies and take initiative
- Experience handling projects from conception to to fruition adhering to documentation and change management standards
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.