Security Operations Manager
Job Description Security Operations Manager
IT Ops Security will work tirelessly with everyone to protect Octopus from cyber security disruptions, provide clear leadership and direction when responding to cyber security incidents, and will build relationships and processes that make Octopus a leader in responsible cyber security You
- You thrive on a challenge and solving impossible problems
- You enjoy driving change and innovation and can bring people along the journey with you
- You work well on your own and in a team
- You must have experience as a Manager of people and a Security background and a high level understanding of applying security principles within technology companies
- You will help to set the strategic direction and set the vision for the team but can get down in the detail to deliver
- You welcome the flexibility and constant feedback that working with a Scrum methodology provides
- You can't go more than a week without talking to your users before you break out in hives
- You love technology and figuring out how things work
- Your excited by fast growth
- Experienced working with recognised security frameworks and maturity models (NIST, ISO, CMMI)
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Strong experience in building an internal security operations team
- Strong experience in designing and delivering security team KPIs and metrics
- Experience in mentoring and growing security operations staff
- Experience working in a FCA regulated business
- Experience delivering security projects
- Experience working in a first line of defence role
- Good understanding of risk management principles
- CISSP (Nice to have)
- GSEC (Nice to have)
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.