Security Risk Oversight Manager
Join us as a Security Risk Oversight Manager
What you'll do
- For someone with excellent knowledge of security and cyber threats and the risk management control environment, this is a high profile opportunity to take a role in helping to keep the bank and its customers secure
- With the Head of Security Risk Oversight, we'll look to you to provide expertise, challenge and oversight on all aspects across security infrastructure, including the most critical systems, processes and services
- You'll have a real opportunity to add value and deliver lasting results in this role, while building meaningful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
You'll be overseeing the operational risk framework in each business to make sure it's fit for purpose including communication, training and awareness of these frameworks and the three lines of defence model, including conducting suitable assurance.
Alongside this, you'll be providing a credible, second line of defence challenge to business senior management, business teams and policy standard owners on the effective management of operational risks.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Influencing remedial action to improve and maintain the control environment across security related risks, as well as challenging the setting of the bank's risk appetite in relation to security, including minimum control standards
- Detecting inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate execution related operational risk to the desired level and challenging the appropriateness of risk appetite
- Gathering intelligence and building actionable insights, using internal and external sources, and validating the identification and assessment of operational risk, highlighting any material risks overlooked
- Undertaking regular business reviews of material risks and of adherence across all operational risk, and using the output to inform debate and action with business executives and senior management
- Driving focus and action on building a strong level of resilience into critical processes in the bank through influence and challenge at senior levels
We're looking for someone with significant financial services experience involving senior management positions, and a strong track record of delivery across multiple businesses, involving complex stakeholder, process and technology issues. Along with this, you'll have knowledge of the regulatory environment pertaining to large, complex financial service organisations and the ability to maintain industry risk management leadership with high levels of awareness of front line processes, including hands on practical experience.
You'll have c omprehensive knowledge of security threats and the risk management control environment necessary to address various forms of security risks, along with a wealth of industry skills and knowledge to help us improve the bank's cyber security posture.
You'll also need:
- Experience in operational risk methodologies including regulations, capital adequacy requirements, framework design and deployment and oversight challenge
- A strong understanding of operational risks relevant to key business activities undertaken in a financial services organisation
- A proven track record of practical application of controls to manage risk at a senior level
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- The ability to consistently exercise sound and decisive judgement
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, including senior or executive level