Senior/Head of ESG and sustainability - Emerging Markets Hedge fund - London
We are currently working with a leading Equity investor in London who are looking to add a Senior ESG/Sustainability analyst who will not only work alongside their current offering but also work on a new fund that they are due to launch with a specific sustainability focus.
You will be the figure head for ESG across the whole fund and lead on discussions linked to climate, decarbonisation and sustainability issues.
In order to apply you should have some experience working within SRI investing or as an equity/Thematic strategist focussing on sustainability issues. Role Overview:
• Analysing global companies on their environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and the management of their respective ESG risks and opportunities
• Development of ESG intellectual and thought leadership pieces including carbon foot printing methodology for portfolio companies
• Supporting and developing tools for the effective integration of ESG analysis into our stock selection and valuation process
• Producing thought leadership research exploring the business, or macro-economic, case for ESG analysis and integration
• Discuss ESG topics, sustainability initiatives and portfolio views with prospective and current investors
• Express views on ESG trends and momentum through thought leadership pieces
• Developing a data-driven ESG assessment process by setting up the ESG frameworks and processes with data providers
• Developing tracking Matrix, reporting mechanisms, annual plans and governance structures for ESG engagement through data integration
• Researching material ESG concerns relating to investee companies
• Provide investment recommendations to PMs and Analysts
• Liaise with investment teams where appropriate to highlight relevant ESG themes that can impact investment strategy Required skills:
• 7-15 years' experience in ESG/Sustainability research
• Professional experience surrounding carbon neutrality/environmental science or a masters or equivalent in or around the theme of sustainable development
• Strong proficiency in ESG Data analysis in addition to excellent excel and writing skills
• Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills with senior stakeholders
• Experience of working with specialist ESG research providers (e.g. EIRiS, MSCI, Bloomberg)
Person: The successful candidate will have a focus on the Environmental aspects within ESG and subsequently show a demonstrable passion for responsible investment and sustainable development.
International candidates will be considered - Visa sponsorship is offered
To be considered for the role, please send your CV in WORD format to email@example.com