Senior Account Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Funding Circle
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward currently lending 3.5 Billion a year.
As a senior member of the Borrower Sales Team, you are the driving force behind this goal, connecting with SME’s looking for an alternative to achieve their financial objectives. As Senior Account Manager, you will work with a variety of businesses and be responsible for our highest value borrowers. Every day, you will need to be quick-thinking and energetic, combined with your proven sales experience to thrive in our fast-paced and market-changing business.
What will I be doing?
- Managing applications from UK businesses from initial enquiry to acceptance of funds (warm leads generated through direct marketing efforts)
- Exposure to significant funding requests and a variety of finance products
- Building relationships with a variety of business owners via telephone and email
- Maximising the number of applications passed to the Credit team
- Liaising with the Credit team on a daily basis
- Building and managing your portfolio of successful Funding Circle borrowers
- Optimising and improving existing processes to drive efficiency through project work, liaising with teams across the company
- Coaching and assisting junior team members
- There is great scope to progress within the company, with the opportunity for suitable candidates to increase their responsibility within the Borrower Sales team
What will you bring to the role?
- Degree-educated or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years’ proven experience in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment, preferably dealing with a complex product
- Experience as a top performer in a sales environment, exceeding target on a consistent basis
- A comprehensive understanding of mainstream and alternative financial products specifically in the business lending sphere or financial services – this experience will be an advantage, not essential
- Strong business acumen and enthusiastic about working in an innovative area of finance
- Natural telephone manner and communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Dynamic and KPI-driven & the ability to work well under pressure
- Driven to succeed both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to “think outside the box” and suggest changes to processes to improve efficiency
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
Why Funding Circle?
Every day, walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure. Maintaining and growing our crucial partnerships, you will represent Funding Circle right from the beginning. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and strive to continually excel in your business development career.
We offer a competitive bonus package & other benefits, and free coffee!