- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
ISS is seeking a motivated senior finance professional with extensive and demonstrable experience in accounting, obtained preferably within an international environment. The position will be in support of the EMEA Controller and will be based in London.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify environmental, social and governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
ISS is a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values through your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
ISS is seeking a motivated senior finance professional with extensive and demonstrable experience in accounting, obtained preferably within an international environment. This role is responsible for many aspects of business finance, including the performance of monthly financial close duties, payroll and general accounting, balance sheet control, cash management, corporate income tax and VAT compliance, and preparation of statutory financial statements. The position will be in support of the EMEA Controller and its responsibilities will cover ISS operations in multiple European entities, including UK. The successful candidate will serve as the face of finance in the local office and must have the ability to work independently while coordinating with off-site team members as appropriate.
- Completing the monthly accounting close process for several EMEA entities, including payroll accounting, general accruals and prepayments, fixed asset accounting, transfer pricing, and other aspects of the financial close process;
- Preparation of income statement and balance sheet analytics;
- Operations of the regional bank accounts, liaison with external banks, Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting data for inclusion in the consolidated financial reporting package;
- Assistance with preparation of the financial statements of the UK companies for external audit;
- Income tax and VAT compliance work for the UK, working in conjunction with external tax advisors. Involvement in tax audits as they arise;
- Assistance with accounting integration and onboarding for new subsidiaries resulting from acquisitions;
- Other general accounting responsibilities and finance projects as required.
- Extensive and demonstrable accounting experience, preferably within an international environment;
- ACA certification;
- Excellent Knowledge of UK GAAP is required; knowledge of US GAAP would be advantageous;
- Experience with corporate income tax and VAT compliance;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Hard-worker who is eager to tackle new challenges;
- Extremely well organized, with a detail oriented approach;
- Stress resilient and flexible;
- Excellent communication skills, a secondary language is advantageous;
- Excellent Excel skills in addition to experience of accounting ERP systems.
Interested in this great opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1578/senior-accountant/job by sending a cover letter along with a CV in English. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into consideration!
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.