Job Title: Senior Accountant Location: London Contract Type: Permanent Salary: £61,000 - 91,500 (including bonuses and benefits)
Our copany is part of a global top-10 insurance group, with three main legal entities' operating in the Lloyd's, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. We have an enviable reputation for our customer knowledge, claims service and the specialist insurance and reinsurance expertise we apply. We provide the type of security leading organisations need to break new ground, innovate and offer life-changing services and amenities to some of the world's most challenging regions.
The role holder will be working on a range of topics across the financial accounting activities within the remit of Finance and Finance Services team such as:
- Accurate and timely preparation of investment and general accounting records for a range of entities, including the preparation of annual statutory financial statements.
- Head office reporting and production of disclosures under Japanese GAAP.
- Supporting as directed from time to time other aspects of the MS ABS Finance team workload
- Maintain financial close process documentation and training material ensuring this is regularly reviewed and updated as required
They will provide dedicated technical accounting expertise and in particular support the technical analysis of new IFRS/IFRS
The role holder will report directly into the ACS CFO.
You can help MS Amlin to achieve this by:
- Day to day maintenance of accounting records for management and statutory accounts for the MS ABS managed entities.
- The preparation, timeliness and accuracy of all investment accounting records for the investment funds, including provision of UCITS investment accounting information to insurance entities;
- Production of all required monthly consolidated management and statutory reports, regulatory reporting and accounts in IFRS and/or local GAAP where required.
- Reporting to Head office requirements for quarterly/yearly reporting and responding timely to ad hoc queries.
- Adherence to the MS&AD Group's control framework, performing and documenting all required controls in a timely manner and to adequate quality standards;
- Identification of process improvement opportunities and implement improvement and controls;
- Assisting auditors with their audit of IFRS and Japan reporting;
- Supporting as directed from time to time other aspects of the Finance team workload
- Being responsible for technical accounting and regulatory reporting matters
- Developing the accounting technical capability within the MS ABS with respect to IFRS and Solvency II.
- Helping to implement and deliver major accounting projects (IFRS 9 and 17) and other changes
- Developing the reporting framework, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory reporting requirements
- Providing commercial advice to senior and executive management regarding new business initiatives and developments, including possible major overseas acquisitions
What we need from you:
Technical ~ Skills, knowledge and experience
- Be a Chartered accountant or have an equivalent suitable qualification and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience of investment accounting - have a good understanding of different investment types (bonds, equities, property, futures and other derivatives).
- Good analytical skills
- Actively seek continuous improvement
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Appreciation of controls and in identifying weaknesses.
- Advanced Excel (pivot table, "lookup", "If" statement, data manipulation skills) and Word required
- Had exposure to a multi-currency company.
- Team player demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Actively seeking continuous improvement.
- Driven to beating deadlines and deliver beyond management expectation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage accurate, thoughtful, detail-oriented work within tight deadlines
- Calmness under workload pressure
- Organisation and planning skills
- Problem solving skills