The key purpose of role is to provide clear accurate accounting policy advice to various divisions of the Investment Bank The role is based in London but has a global remit
An international Investment and wholesale bank headquartered in main land Europe.
- Analyse exceptional transactions and new activity proposals from the Business and prepare clear, accurate technical accounting memorandums defining the accounting treatment under IFRS and where applicable GAAP
- Act as the single point of contact for the Business for Finance accounting policy questions in relation to new activity and transactions . This can include discussing potential transactions in the earlier structuring phase in order to help the Business understand the accounting consequences of the various alternatives
- Where sensitive accounting issues are identified within transactions or new activity, liaise with Group Accounting Policy (GAP) to obtain validation for the proposed accounting treatment.
- Coordinate with the operational specialist in the division or regional Finance to ensure that they receive the accounting policy analysis with sufficient time to assess the operational implementation aspects.
- Proactively assist with explaining the normative treatment and address any normative queries to ensure they fully understand the normative treatment in order for them to assess the operational implementation.
- Represent Finance at the physical committee as appropriate (if there are particular normative issues and conditions which will need to be explained to the committee)
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Business, GAP, and the various interlocutors for the operational implementation.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with a large amount of post qualification experience
- Experience either working in the technical accounting team within the Big 4/ Top Tier Practice covering financial services clients or working in the technical accounting team within an investment bank (or preferably both)
- Experience working with capital markets and banking products
- Experience making accounting judgements in the application of IFRS to complex capital markets transactions
- Work effectively in a team
- Communicate clearly and efficiently across team
- Build effective relationships with peers and superiors
- Competitive salary
- Working from home
- Exceptional benefits