· Policy Implementation: Participate in the policy implementation process
· Conduct initial impact assessment for project scoping. Monitor IASB and FASB discussions on implementation projects on new accounting standards. Identify knock on impacts of accounting changes to other GAAPs (e.g. IFRS, local GAAP)
· Prepare education material and present education sessions on new accounting standards.
· Meet with other stakeholders to discuss potential impacts (e.g. Tax, Product Control, Risk, FMAR, Legal Entity Finance)
· Draft an Accounting Requirements Document which outlines both the current accounting and future accounting under the new accounting standard.
· Represent the bank at industry working groups on new accounting standards.
· Act as an accounting advisor, identify and resolve technical accounting issues and represent APAG on implementation project work streams.
· Policy Development SME responsibility for developing new and revising existing policy documents. This includes monitoring both the FASB and IASB for upcoming standards and providing feedback through the comment letter process. The SME also provide technical advice to transaction support teams within APAG.
· Participate as technical advisor in the Quality Assurance Review process
· Be part of the global, dynamic Accounting Policy and Assurance team