- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 17
Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) – Sovereign / PPIF
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe purpose of the job is to provide administrative and secretarial support to members of the LoB and provide backup, as needed.
- General Administrative Support
Provide good general administrative assistance to include phone coverage, copying, faxing, filing. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's business, and particular business line being supported, in order to provide optimal customer service. Uses initiative to relieve team of detail work
- Department Wide Support
Provide good general administrative support for department wide activities including the timely on-boarding of new associates (including follow-up on start date) and involvement in group event planning and in group-wide initiatives as assigned
- Administrative Back-Up
During vacations and times of absence, provide back-up in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of operations with regard to support staff, technology and all office issues. This also includes supporting more junior members of the team for own LoB and others where necessary
- Meeting Coordination
Process meeting requests for team including setting up appointments, liaising with reception reserving conference rooms, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, webex etc.
- Travel & Entertainment
- Accounts Payable
As needed, assist in coordinating efforts with Technology, Building Services and others to ensure group's needs are met
Ensure that team space, basic supplies for team are kept stocked and accessible to team members and tidy, this will also include archiving
May be called upon to take on additional responsibilities and/or perform other tasks as assigned
• Good experience of working in a corporate environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• OUTLOOK: In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in E-MAIL, the ability to compose, send and forward emails as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
• WORD: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
• EXCEL: ability to understand, create and format workbooks,
• POWERPOINT: ability to create and modify presentations using advanced functions such as animation and transition, inserting charts, graphs and objects and merging presentations.
• Strong organization skills
• Good time management
• Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with :
- ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner
- ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing
• Strong orientation toward teamwork
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.