Senior Agile Coach - Banking - HSBC - 12 months
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Role Purpose This role will work directly with the Agile Leadership Team (ALT) and the Agile Working Group (AWG) to develop the existing Agile strategy and principles, providing thought leadership and insight. This role will also be accountable for developing a community of Agile champions across CMD who can provide capacity and support in the evolution of the Agile journey.
Likewise the role will require extensive interaction with HSS executive stakeholders, across both the business and functions such as HOST, globally. Where required the Portfolio Director will also work with counterparts in other parts of HSBC on initiatives which provide group-wide benefits, be that streamlining or growth agenda based. Consequently the role is expected to include an element of 'thought-leadership', and will at times involve membership of groups with access to sensitive information.
The Portfolio Director will direct and lead the appointed Business Project Managers for the various component projects to align deliveries, ensure a coherent and effective delivery strategy and maximise benefit realisation.
Responsibilities will include the following duties.
- Collaborate with the related IT Management to ensure appropriate resources are secured and deployed to deliver in accordance with the Programme.
- Ensure that the programme is developed and implemented according to Group and departmental standards
- Ensure the coherence of the programme, and develop and maintain the appropriate environment to support the projects and sub-workstreams within it.
- Define Critical Success Factors, Key Performance Indicators and other objectives that must be met by each project
- Ensure business requirements are met or exceeded, on time and within budget, in line with business targets
- Identify and engage all key stakeholders, contributors and business and technical resources that must participate in the assigned projects and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan
- Define workstream scope and create programme and project plans using group standard tools, in cooperation with other projects/programmes within HSS, Planning & Finance, and IT Departments
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management appraised of workstream status, major risks and issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievement or misses
- Chair and facilitate regular Global Steering Committee meetings to ensure effective and timely decision making from executive programme sponsors.
- Develop relationships with any third party suppliers, identifying and monitoring dependencies between internal and external providers
- Manage Vendor relationships, including contract negotiations in consultation with Procurement
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Proven track record that can be demonstrated in delivering multi-workstream, complex, cross organisational / geographical business and IT change within the Securities industry.
- Proven strategic thinker and decision maker.
- Able to articulate a challenging strategic vision and motivate people to achieve this.
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills.
- Relationship management and networking skills.
- International experience or experience of dealing with international resources.
- Excellent 360 degree communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Practical experience of working on either the 'Buy' or 'Sell' side of the Securities industry.
- Positive 'can do' attitude.
- Structured approach to programme and project management including promoting and ensuring adherence to the project management framework defined by GB&M.
- Planning, time management and resource management skills.
- Proven experience in identifying and managing the risks, issues and dependencies related to large, complex programmes.
- Recognised expert in Agile working
- Extensive experience in the Finance and Banking industry environment (e.g, Asset Mgmt, Hedge Fund, Fund administrator, brokerage house, custodian, investment bank, Insurance sector etc.) together with business project management experience. Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development