See job description for details
At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments—Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking Technology (GBT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities-based loans and tailored lending.
An energetic Agile Systems Analyst with technology experience in a financial services IT organisation, working in the Agile methodology. The Agile Systems Analyst is a key member of the delivery squad that will enable high quality technology solutions. The candidate will work as part of the squad to facilitate clear and open communication between business stakeholders, developers and the product owner to enable the build out of the next generation Money Movement platform covering multiple payment types such as wires, journals, ACH, checks and P2P. The candidate will further elaborate the user stories provided by the product owner to ensure the squad has the technical detail required need to deliver the vision of the product owner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with product owners to refine and groom the Program backlogs based on user stories groomed and prioritized by the product owner. Opportunity to work as proxy product owner, when needed.
• Prepares and co-ordinates the required materials to facilitate successful backlog prioritization and planning meetings.
• Works closely with product owners to inform priority decisions and maintain the Product Roadmap
• Works closely with product owner to help specify acceptance criteria and then facilitates the translation of those criteria into test cases with the testing team.
• Validates the acceptance tests
• Works with squad members to elaborate technical design requirements based on the user stories provided by the product owner bringing a technical understanding of how the requirements will need to be implemented front to back.
• Manages requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provide leadership to the squad in identifying root cause of issues and directing troubleshooting efforts
• Actively participates in Agile meeting cadence such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions and retrospective meetings. Qualifications:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to undertake complex technical analysis within an Agile environment with experience in requirement elaboration, documentation and management
• Proven experience grooming user stories and creating acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups across multiple disciplines, drive decisions, influence outcomes and remove blockers
• Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and try new approaches to achieve outcomes, leveraging a strong analytical mindset
• Desire to use previous Agile experience to provide coaching and support to the team as they begin to transition from Waterfall to Agile methodology
• Ensure that teams are effectively executing against the highest value priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers and all levels of the organization
• Knowledge of ALM and JIRA is a plus
• Agile certification or similar
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 23/04/2020.