Senior Analyst - Middle Office
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Senior Analyst - Middle Office
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Middle Office Client Service and Support (MOCS) team in London.
What is the MOCS group responsible for?
The team are responsible for supporting our portfolio managers and traders on a daily basis, providing oversight of the accounts and assisting with any trade queries. This means you'll work closely with the portfolio management teams in the London office and our back office teams throughout the globe.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Analyst?
• Act as point of contact to Front Office for all related questions, assisting with these, finding solutions and tracking these though to completion
• Assist other internal departments on portfolio transactions, valuations and issues
• Liaise with internal and external clients to resolve discrepancies
• Serve as a resource of information/knowledge for Middle Office analysts
• Help to design more efficient methods of control
• Identify and champion opportunities within your interactions to increase service offerings, improve efficiencies, evolve workflows, and minimize risks
• Develop solutions to critical business issues and present alternatives to management team
• Participate in cross-functional and/or cross-departmental projects and initiatives
• Take an active part in the testing of new systems/functions
• Monitor daily failing and non-completed trades for local Front Office
• Monitor error trends with counterparties & custodians to ensure these are addressed
• Assist with the on-boarding activities for locally managed accounts and provide support on any significant account events (i.e. fund launches, account closures and in-specie transfers)
• Build strong relations with portfolio managers and traders to act as a channel for all their operational questions
• Chair and broker service review meetings
• Provide clients with ad hoc reports concerning benchmarking, review of exceptions, and financial impacts, benefits & risks
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Prior experience within an operational role within Asset Management (Trade Settlements & Support, Corporate Actions, Pricing, Security Master, Proxy)
• Strong product knowledge (Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivatives)
• Good presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of users and management
• Resilient; able to work under pressure and ability to track and deliver assignments on schedule
• Ability to work on multiple deadline orientated tasks in a high energy environment
• Good financial market knowledge
• Good knowledge of some standard systems (i.e. OMGEO products, MISYS, Charles River & Bloomberg
• Knowledge of business desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel)
• Excellent customer service, accurate and logical problem solving
• Good verbal and written communication skills
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.