Senior Analyst, Business Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
This role will be responsible for providing end to end financial support to EMEA Distribution, as well as co-ordination and messaging for Global Distribution. They will serve as a partner to senior business leaders to drive resource planning and control, and to facilitate effective forward-looking business decision making with commercial insight to identify opportunities and create value.
Title: Senior Analyst, Business Finance
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and innovative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with US$370.8bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1 Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 December 2017
The Finance team is a core part of the Janus Henderson business, currently with approximately 80 members of staff globally with 20 in Business Finance.
Overview of the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing end to end financial support to EMEA Distribution and the co-ordination and messaging for Global Distribution. They will serve as a partner to senior business leaders to drive resource planning and control and to facilitate effective forward looking business decision making with commercial insight to identify opportunities to create value.
Duties and Responsibilities
With the support of 1 analyst, directly reporting to them:
• Own and lead end to end financial planning and budgeting for EMEA Distribution teams
• Co-ordinate business planning and prioritization for Global Distribution and ensure all financial impacts of the Janus Henderson integration are captured, analysed and reported, supported regionally by the Senior Analyst – US Distribution and Pan Asia Business Finance manager
• Monthly expense reporting and analysis to EMEA distribution senior management, highlighting risks or opportunities to achieving agreed budgets or forecasts
• Track and monitor merger related cost and revenue synergies
• Working with the Senior Analyst – US Distribution and Pan Asia Business Finance manager to co-ordinate and consolidate the expense reporting messaging for Global Distribution and report to Head of Global Distribution
• Monthly AUM and Flow and sales pipeline reporting to the Head of Global Distribution, EMEA Distribution management, CFO and other senior management
• Develop into a SME for AUM & Flow reporting and the AUM & Flow dashboard
• Own and lead the flow forecasting cycles, working with the Senior Analyst – US Distribution and Pan Asia Business Finance manager
• Work closely with the EMEA Marketing teams to ensure marketing costs are controlled, tracked and managed appropriately
• Work with business leaders to develop and analyse metrics to measure financial and operational performance
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs
• Manage headcount and resource budgets working with senior management, HR, Denver and Sydney-based Finance team where appropriate
• Attend project working groups or steering committees as the finance representative as required.
• Perform business case profitability analysis and makes recommendations to business leaders on opportunities to drive financial success
• Provide finance support to contract negotiations, re-pricing analysis, project tracking and any other ad hoc requests
• Work with business functions and the FP&A and planning team to ensure appropriate cost drivers are used for profitability modelling
Assumes additional duties as assigned.
Key Team Deliverables
• Ensure budgets and forecasts agreed by the Executive Committee are managed appropriately, flagging risks where necessary
• Enable functional heads to manage the resources of their global teams
• Report and understand the underlying trends of flows and AUM movements
• Provide independent advice and support to the business as well as challenging where appropriate
• Production and tracking of accurate and efficient budgets and forecasts
• Ensure the FP&A team has appropriate commentary and support to report monthly results and changes in forecasts to the Executive Committee
• Ensure business functions have sufficient finance representation and support for projects, initiatives and supplier or client commercial arrangements
• Preparation of ad-hoc analysis as required by management
Primary Working Relationships
• Senior Distribution Management
• Business Finance Teams – based in London, Denver and Sydney
• FP&A and Planning team
• Accounting and External Reporting Team
• Senior Finance Management
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Must have prior Investment Management industry experience
• Very good understanding of the distribution function within investment management
• Extensive budgeting and forecasting experience
• Experience of working with senior management / business partnering
• Experience of working in a global organisation
• Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player with a flexible results driven approach
• Self-starter with proven problem solving capabilities
• Able to understand the objectives and priorities of the business
• Ability to develop relationships within the Finance Department and the wider business
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.